Proper air pressure for 18" spokes

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

casper-ac

RMS Regular
usually the manufactureres have a cahrt of some description il do i quick google here.
wat profile are your tyres etc

casper-ac

RMS Regular
Look for the tyre pressure recommended for your vehicle in your vehicle hand book or within the technical information usually found on the inside of your vehicle's front right hand door or fuel filler flap.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Look for the tyre pressure recommended for your vehicle in your vehicle hand book or within the technical information usually found on the inside of your vehicle's front right hand door or fuel filler flap.

Yes, but I'm guessing the vehicle didn't originally come with 18" rims...

Phil_D

RMS Regular
The size of the rim does not make any difference... Keep with the standard air pressure for your car...

Bryan

RMS Regular
I was told otherwise by the tyre place that I last went to. "Low profile tyres are supposed to be much higher than normal" were his words. But then he was probably just making excuses why my tyres had worn down so quickly.

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
My handbook recommends the same tyre pressure for the 225/40R18 and the 215/45R17, but a lower (by 3PSI) pressure for the 205/55R16.

ally_mac

RMS Regular
Drives
05 Evo IX GT
every manufacturer recommend a different air pressure 4their tyres, around 30psi is dead on 4 a low profile 18" tyre

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
ally_mac said:
every manufacturer recommend a different air pressure 4their tyres, around 30psi is dead on 4 a low profile 18" tyre

Mine are 41 on the front and 45 on te back

r16vka

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi 80 V6
my manual says 36 on the front and 32 rear on my 225/40 18s on the mondeo

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Mark_D said:
ally_mac said:

Fook! You sure that aint a bit high lad?!

Mark_D

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 90 XS
scrob said:
Mark_D said:

Fook! You sure that aint a bit high lad?!
It's in the handbook, and inside the door.
They recommend 48 and 51 PSI if I want to do 130+mph with the car fully loaded.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.