Public charging points

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Paypal usually. You get a contact number for them when you're logged in so you just fire them a message. I might do the same with mine when I'm at work.
Imagine if Taycan boy decided to use it :eyes:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Imagine if Taycan boy decided to use it :eyes:
Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

EVANI

RMS Regular
Drives
Electric
Our regular trawl of the planning system has thrown up this recent application that includes what appears to be a 12 bay EV Charging Hub on the lands at Parkhill adjacent to and South of Gransha Roundabout, Ballyoan, Derry Londonderry

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 09.51.33.png

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Extra investment is good news although it’s not hard to get on an ESB charger now if you need one.
One thing about more operators and not a huge usage may mean some price competition comes into the market.

Mark Irwin

RMS Regular
Drives
Various Golf
He must be hating having to pay to charge now, so he’s selling up @Rocko 😄

View attachment 420304
No bother getting chargers now. I plugged in last night in Dungannon when doing the supermarket shopping as it is close to the main doors and you do not have to dice with death negotiating the car park with a trolley. Before April of this year these were constantly in use and once payment was introduced 95% of patrons evaporated.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
No bother getting chargers now. I plugged in last night in Dungannon when doing the supermarket shopping as it is close to the main doors and you do not have to dice with death negotiating the car park with a trolley. Before April of this year these were constantly in use and once payment was introduced 95% of patrons evaporated.

Definitely handy now.

Vast majority of the time I just use our charger at work, but the odd overnight charge at home. We haven’t used a public charger in over a year!

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Heading to Donegal today in wife’s ID4 so stopped in Derry’s waterside to top up, once again all 4 of the BP Pulse chargers at Gee’s petrol station are out of order. I’ve been to these 4 or 5 times in recent months and only on one occasion have all 4 actually been working.

Luckily the good old single ESB charger just down the road is working fine.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Heading to Donegal today in wife’s ID4 so stopped in Derry’s waterside to top up, once again all 4 of the BP Pulse chargers at Gee’s petrol station are out of order. I’ve been to these 4 or 5 times in recent months and only on one occasion have all 4 actually been working.

Luckily the good old single ESB charger just down the road is working fine.
Have you checked them out on ZapMap to see if they are OOO on it?

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
There are a couple of rapids in Letterkenny would maybe have been a better stop off point.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
There are a couple of rapids in Letterkenny would maybe have been a better stop off point.

I know them as we have a work office up there but unfortunately LK was nowhere near our route, wasn’t that part of Donegal we were heading to

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Feeling a bit out of the loop here having stopped driving electric on Feb 2023. New car coming in a May. Do the (pre-charge introduction) charging cards still work?

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Yes the cards are still the same. Just make sure you have credit on the account and using the app is generally better anyway. You will find the chargers a lot less occupied now given they are charged for and also loads more options now other than ESB.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
Yes the cards are still the same. Just make sure you have credit on the account and using the app is generally better anyway. You will find the chargers a lot less occupied now given they are charged for and also loads more options now other than ESB.
Cheers David. I haven’t noticed any new chargers in my town. Can you now use different suppliers at the same chargers? Won’t be charging much in public but want to be ready if needed.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Cheers David. I haven’t noticed any new chargers in my town. Can you now use different suppliers at the same chargers? Won’t be charging much in public but want to be ready if needed.
You generally need a separate app for each brand of charger which can be a pain. I have a few apps but rarely used any of them. You will also get WeCharge or whatever it’s called from VW which you can use for a discount on various different brands of chargers.
Would be surprised if there haven’t been a few new ones near you as Weev and BP Pulse have been on quite an expansion. Just use something like Zappmap if needing to charge away from home to find what’s available locally. The cars satnav will also pop up icons on the map to take you to nearby chargers and let you know what is in use or available.

saxo_man

RMS Regular
You generally need a separate app for each brand of charger which can be a pain. I have a few apps but rarely used any of them. You will also get WeCharge or whatever it’s called from VW which you can use for a discount on various different brands of chargers.
Would be surprised if there haven’t been a few new ones near you as Weev and BP Pulse have been on quite an expansion. Just use something like Zappmap if needing to charge away from home to find what’s available locally. The cars satnav will also pop up icons on the map to take you to nearby chargers and let you know what is in use or available.
Cheers David.