Pursuit of Power: Goodwood Festival of Speed 2016

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: One of the best motoring events on the planet is only a short flight away from NI. This year for the first time I made it to the Goodwood Festival of Speed near England's south coast, held on Lord March's sprawling estate, and I was blown away by this automotive extravaganza.

Originally billed as a hill climb, Goodwood FOS brings together all ranges and diciplines of motorsport, cars and bikes, from F1 to Ken Block to Vintage and all in between. There's live action up the hill where supercars could be followed by 1930s racers. All the major manufacturers appear with their performance cars on extravagant stands, along with thousands of the most rare, expensive and unique vehicles from around the world. Every A to Z-lister celebrity that has even a tenuous connection with motoring goes. And it's that popular, they have to cap the public entry to 150,000 over the weekend.

The Goodwood Estate is enormous occupying some 12,000 acres, and on our approach in the queues of traffic it was clear this was an event like no other. (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Absolutely unreal, what a fantastic experience. Serious machinery.

You had a good spot on the hill climb too.

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Yip it's a great use of a weekend alright, 5 of us went over this time (been a few times already). Enjoyed Sunday afternoon time attack especially.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Best motoring event I have ever attended.

Not sure now anything could beat it, apart from Goodwood Revival, which I'll have to try sometime

Neil_M

RMS Regular

Some racket out of this :grinning:.

I've just realised the driver is from here, CharlieEastwood.com

Conor

RMS Regular
Tickets booked for next year! What route did you boys take to get there? Fly into London, drive a gentle rental down?

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Any recommended hotels / places to stay over close to this? Presuming people taxi it to the event?

Also if not going for whole event I presume Sat / Sun is best?

Cooper

Site Manager
OP
Cooper
Drives
C63 / Emira
Any recommended hotels / places to stay over close to this? Presuming people taxi it to the event?

Also if not going for whole event I presume Sat / Sun is best?
To be honest book anywhere you can, availability isn't great now and that's 8 months prior to the event! Hire car is the way to go, the traffic around the place is hectic on event days. Any two days should be fine, just keep an eye on the timetables on the goodwood site about what's on, on particular days.

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
You just need to search for hotels close to the circuit. The nearer to the event the fewer place will be available!

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
You are right not much about close already unless you want to lord it up for the stay.
Hire car option is good though, leaves much more scope.

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
I managed to get a hotel about 8 miles or so away from the circuit, will be booking a hire car when I get the flights sorted.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.