Quattro (Haldex) Tire Wear

C.J

RMS Regular
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
Could anyone explain how the rear tyres on my TT have significantly more wear than the front?

I'm about to need two rear tyres after only 10k miles 🤮. Fronts are maybe about half way.

Car is a Quattro, all four tyres are Conti SportContact 6 (18 months/10k miles old), alignment was done by Blackline when they were fitted.

Wear is even L/R on both axle, and even across each tyre too.

C.J

RMS Regular
OP
C.J
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
Doesn't even have a space-saver!

C.J

RMS Regular
OP
C.J
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Haldex system. There is no wheelspin or anything like that, no ESP lights unless I am a berk. Car is running perfectly.

I can only think that the alignment might be out, so I can get that checked when I get tyres. I'm not sure what else could be causing it, other than "driving style".

KevM

RMS Regular
I think its more the rear suspension setup on TT's, rather than the Haldex. A faulty Haldex is just an open diff really

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
They can also lock up if faulty exhibited with binding on full lock low speed turns. Easy to check. If it's not that then it's alignment.

C.J

RMS Regular
OP
C.J
Drives
Mk3TTQuattro
It had alignment done by Blackline when the tyres were new. They installed Eibach springs at the same time and it hasn't had alignment done since. I wonder could alignment have changed when everything settled? I didn't think that was a thing though 🤷‍♂️.

Thanks all will get alignment checked when I get tyres

10k miles though. Boke.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Honestly I would be delighted with 10k miles .
Ah just seen it’s your rears lol .

Nutts

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi R8
Unlikely to be Haldex IMO. More likely excessive toe on the rears. Do you have the printout of your previous alignment?