Question about dealership sale.

KevM

RMS Regular
Spill lol

I always have to be careful in case its a member, but:-
a colleague of mine had a lad OBD scan the car on a test-drive. Everyone here thought that was maybe overstepping the mark a little, but hey, it is what it is & I dont see the issue. But when he arrived back, he called me over, asked me where the other Sales guy was and proceeded to tell me he hadn't noticed how bad the discs were on the car.
This is an instant Red flag to me, as we dont cut corners on Safety items. So, I'm straight over to have a look at what he is referring to and that's when it happened.... He stood back, folded his arms and out it came - "those discs would all need replaced as they are completely worn down to the metal"...

& yes, I made sure it wasn't a mistake, I went through the various surrounding components, Pads etc with him and narrowed the concern down to the discs, which he argued should have a layer of 'friction material'.

All the gear, no idea... He meant well though, fair play to him!

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
I always have to be careful in case its a member, but:-
a colleague of mine had a lad OBD scan the car on a test-drive. Everyone here thought that was maybe overstepping the mark a little, but hey, it is what it is & I dont see the issue. But when he arrived back, he called me over, asked me where the other Sales guy was and proceeded to tell me he hadn't noticed how bad the discs were on the car.
This is an instant Red flag to me, as we dont cut corners on Safety items. So, I'm straight over to have a look at what he is referring to and that's when it happened.... He stood back, folded his arms and out it came - "those discs would all need replaced as they are completely worn down to the metal"...

& yes, I made sure it wasn't a mistake, I went through the various surrounding components, Pads etc with him and narrowed the concern down to the discs, which he argued should have a layer of 'friction material'.

All the gear, no idea... He meant well though, fair play to him!
A lot of dealers seem to love changing the discs, must make a fortune out of it. My da's old car was recalled and while there they gave him a quote for work that "needed done" basically 2 tyres discs and pads amounting to around £400. Couldn't argue with the tyres, but the pads lasted another two years and the discs were never replaced over the 14years he owned the car :laughing:
Relative of mine worked in a dealers up the country a bit and a new mechanic had started that previously worked in a Belfast dealer, within a month they were all wondering why there was suddenly a huge pile of discs lying in the corner.........................guy was replacing them on virtually every service he did.