Question for Megane Coupe

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

shortie

Hiya chicken,

cn u tell me the difference between a:-

1 megane coupe 1.4 (16 valve)

2 Megane Coupe 1.6

3 Megane Coupe 1.6 sport

we i have a 1.6, went to get quoted on a 02 coupe 1.6 sport (all leather) sumtimes called a mirage insurance company said no way cose im 25 on a provisional license. I was told my 1.6 was 8valve, and that there was between 5-10bhp in the difference in my car and the sport one, is insurane not in the size of your engine and not bhp..

If u can teach me on the differences id be oh so grateful.. xx [IN FACT] - anyone know anything on this all info welcum :grinning:

cheerz ;)

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
i'm sure Mr Coupe will be along to give you all the details... but as far as I knew...

1.4 16 - 95bhp
1.6 - 90bhp
1.6 16v 110bhp

Insurance can be effected by Power (bhp), engine capicity, spec, performace etc etc. I'd imagine the 16v will be a group or 2 higher than the regular 1.6..

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Please try and keep the **** talking to a minimum.

Gaz

shortie

OP
shortie
merlin said:
Your 25 and still on a provisional licence??

That could be a factor!!

lol..wel ive been waiting on a test date for 11 months unfortunately, and so hopefully il pass first time.. but i aint even got a test date yet :roll:

p 5ary

RMS Regular
insurance isnt engine size
eg my car 2litre grp 17
my dads car 2.5litre group 15

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
you haven't got a date yet? Why not, have u tried applying for it. Maybe thats why u still haven't got a date???

Marc

RMS Moderator
err. am i supposed to know you??

1.4 16v 95bhp
1.6 16v 110bhp
1.6 8v 90bhp.

the 16v engines only started production in 1999 so if your car is made before that then its gonna be a 1.6 8v unless you have the 2.0 16v.

Hope thats answers ur question.... ps, it might be easier to get insured if you pass your test first :grinning:

shortie

OP
shortie
jshek007 said:
you haven't got a date yet? Why not, have u tried applying for it. Maybe thats why u still haven't got a date???

i applied and was told id get a date in march 2005, sent letter from work saying i needed to have a full license and all with my application, the waiting lists for tests down south is back logged massively, i just wondering now..did i even write my name on the application :oops:

thanks for the replies :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.