Questions for upcoming shows

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Don't all reply at once.

You will get a laugh. I was recently allowed to book a press car from a major manufacturer recently. Fairly new thing for me. Good thing I misread someone's email and booked the wrong one 🤦‍♂️ I will ask the question, what was that car.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
Is it getting harder and harder to daily an older 'performance' car these days?

Asking as my M3 has been off the road since before Christmas week and I've essentially been without a car for a month now - due to mechanics being outrageously busy, finding someone willing to work on it, and long lead times on parts.

This all coupled with the fact that people are doing less work on the cars themselves (well I certainly am anyway) - for a number of factors. Resale value - you want receipts etc for a service history because we live in this wonderful country where a FBMWSH seemingly adds 20% to the value of a car. Time - we're all getting on a bit and simply don't have the time to spend working on cars, or have families that are more valuable time-wise.

Last edited:

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
What was your first track or race experience like, what was it in and how did it end?

Also, you can only choose one: Your dream car for a year and no cars after it. Orrr, a poverty spec Fiat Multipla for your remaining years and nothing else.

Reactions: Gaz

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Based on my recent Australian hire car experience…

What new regulation would kill driving for you? I found the constant beep when going over 114kph soul destroying to the point where if I lived here permanently, I don’t think having a half decent car would be a feature.

Reactions: Gaz

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
For all the 1st Generation Nissan Leaf owners amongst us.

Question 2: When do you think people will realise that EVs are the future of motoring? Even militant Gaz is wavering!

Synthetic petrol coming in clutch

friends car GIF

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
Question 2: When do you think people will realise that EVs are the future of motoring? Even militant Gaz is wavering!

Only because it's for my wife. No EVs in my half of the driveway for a long time to come 🤪

Question 3: When did you all meet for the first time? Being aul hands at the show game, surely it must have been 1983.

My first meeting with Cooper at the Albert Clock cars and coffee meet 1902

1642675384325.png

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.