Active Deal Quidco

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Posting a thread for those who don't already use it regularly, but it's a wee gem of a site.

Already got £60 odd back this year with another £30ish pending for zero hassle.

If your unfamiliar, basically quidco gets a certain percentage of your spend on websites for referring you to that site in the first place, however rather than taking it all themselves, they share back with you.

For hotels, insurance, etc it's unreal.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Any specific examples Ian? I used it before for flights or insurance or something years ago, but got about 4p so never bothered again.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
I use topcashback myself. Got good amounts back on mobile phone contracts and virgin media/BT contracts using them - c. £130 for each of those 3.
There is a lot of stuff on it too, sometimes i forget to use it. Booked a holiday for me and 3 mates last year - could have got around £300 for it if i'd bloody remembered!

Ian A

RMS Regular
OP
Ian A
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Any specific examples Ian? I used it before for flights or insurance or something years ago, but got about 4p so never bothered again.

I booked a hotel at £456.44 (which was by far the cheapest room rate at the time) and got £36.52 cashback on top of that through using quidco. For essentially no real hassle.

Got £32 in pending from taking out a £150 home insurance policy with admiral too.

Some retailers, you'll only get 2-3% back on, so for smaller purchases you might only get a few pence, but bigger stuff (hotels, insurance, phones, etc) you can get much better rates. Some places run deals through it regularly.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
I've used it last couple of years, especially for hotels, ferries and plane tickets and over £240 cashback since October 2015.

I took out an annual sim only contract with 3 mobile last month for example and it's currently tracking £50 cashback for that. P&O £10.05, Aer Lingus £12.28, £40 when I signed up to Tesco car insurance. It def helps take a bit of a sting off the bigger purchases like travel.

You can link your debit card to it and get cash back in some shops too. I get cashback when I buy stuff in Halfords for example.

Last edited:

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Use it all the time - it can be especially useful when travelling for work.

Father Stack

RMS Regular
Drives
VRS
I started using it when travelling Asia in January. Between flights, hotels etc I got £120 cashback!

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Joined last week. Got home insurance and bought a pram from Argos. How long does cash back take to go into account @Ian A

Didn't get notification about insurance via email but got one via email about Argos

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
@ruairi83 it can take months for the cash back to go back in to your account. If you log in to Quidco on your computer and check your activity screen it'll say whether or not the cash back has been confirmed. There's a '+' to the right of that which you can click and it'll tell you roughly when you'll get cashback.

Some places are quick. Some are slow. Some make you wait so many months before they'll give you it back but that'll be written in the terms and conditions of the page for that retailer/insurer. My house insurance cash back was like that and I'd to wait 6 months.

Marc

RMS Moderator
I love Quidco.

upload_2017-5-30_11-9-14.png

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
Cheers lads.
Not desperate for the money just didn't understand why it didn't show as purchased on app. Cheers

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Probably takes longer on the likes of insurance to stop u taking out a policy then cancelling it after a month but still claiming the reward ?

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Took me about 10 months to get cash back on an insurance policy. Was declined initially so had to chase it a bit. Was £75 I think so worth a wee bit of chasing.

Marc

RMS Moderator
sometimes they make payment within a month, sometimes you dont get paid, and others it takes months and months.

how I work it in my head is if I get anything then its a bonus as I was going to be ordering something anyhow.

ChrisR

RMS Regular
Drives
MK3 Leon 1.4tsi
I thought I was doing well at £300 cashback so far lol!