Quiet exhausts?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
im after a back box for the 306, but as its a mere 1.4, not many make them. i no remus + sebring do them, but £190 + £195 respectivly.

are there any other good makes (ie, not Rage) that do good quality exhausts but are low on the noise side?

also, is there anywhere else other than dee's + pitstop that does custom pipes, welded where you want?

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
i know for the 2.0 alot of people swear by Scorpian. they do a nice subtle sounding job for the 306. they do a nice 'imola' back box with a single 3.5" rolled pipe. I always thought Scorpian and Sebring where the two subtler sounding ones.

Magnex are supposed to be loud as feck.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
scorpion dont do one for the 1.4, and carnoisseur is pitstop!!! :worried:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
dont no if it can be done, as i want it out the centre, and it might be too tight to sweep round

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
its hardly just down the road :?:. im phoning tomorrow anyway. where is carnoisseur? baring in mind i dont no ballymena aside from store store, camerons + turtles of rathkenny

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
well u shud be comin into bmena past the 7towers round about, if u go strait on u will pass the bp on the right then go straight on again thru the mini roundabouts and carnoisseur is on the left :laughing:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
good work. how long does it take one getting from belfast to ballymena?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
half hour give or take

its 5-10mins from J1 :laughing:

since ur down that neck of the woods come give young boyd a visit lol

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
andy, phoned powerflow, but stephen wasnt there. im to go up on saturday for a chat.

but i was looking at the bumper tonight and the spare wheel wont allow me to weld the tip on in the style i wanted.

it was gambit. do i have another stalker now?

Dermot

RallyComms said:
i know for the 2.0 alot of people swear by Scorpian. they do a nice subtle sounding job for the 306. they do a nice 'imola' back box with a single 3.5" rolled pipe. I always thought Scorpian and Sebring where the two subtler sounding ones.

Magnex are supposed to be loud as feck.

I would give Scorpain My vote ... Great Exhaust, get sounding, I found mine was Quiet when I drove it... Loud if I booted it... Not one of these exhausts that is loud all the time...

Also if the 2.0 box is anything Remotly like the 1.4 Box , you can make it fit!

Lyons

RMS Moderator
OP
Lyons
Drives
X5 / 435D
i always thought the engine size was the important thing when buying an exhaust, as it wouldnt work with a larger/smaller engines equivalent? so in actual fact its just that the standard space may not fit the 2.0 box, for example?

Dermot

Naw, It should fit the space ... But not always... Some have the brackets in a different place... And Some have a larger pipe going into them (1inch bore, 2 inch bore, etc..) So if it has a bigger bore you'll have to modify it to fit the bore on your exhaust pipe..

Dermot

Naw its a piece of Piss... I'd say on the 306 cause I dont think the shell's were made any different the Brackets etc are in the same place...
As for the stanard Exhaust bore it may be different, But its only a matter of using like an "Adapter" pipe to change bore size...Easy enuff done if there isnt a big difference in it.. Its something you'd need to check with an exhaust centre or hyanes manual or something

Gambit

RMS Regular
gettin a bigger bore exhaust (i.e. that designed for 2.0) will lose you low down torque. ideally you want a system that is as close to the original bore but not as restrictive thru the boxes/silencers

nah you dont have a stalker, i was just parked next to it and liked the laguna splitter on the bottom of the bumper - then i noticed it in your avatar

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.