Quiet power washer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Any tips for a good quality power washer that is also quiet?

Had enough of my cheap B&Q one, it would wake the dead, lol :grinning:

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I like my karcher k4 but the 6m hose just doesn't cut it. Got one from someone on here 10m long for about 40 quid so I don't have to keep on moving the the washer about all the time

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That is the other big gripe with the one I have, hose way too short. Pain in the back, quite literally!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Can you wall mount the Karchers? Could be handy with a long enough hose?

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Aren't the lower end of the Kaercher range known to be a bit ****? I got a VAX one in the sale and it's grand for all I paid and equally as powerful as my dads K2.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I got fed up with pulling a power washer out and lugging it around then having to pack it all up again too.

I decided to get a new one with a small / compact design so I could have it mounted / stored further away in the garage and used an extension hose to keep the lance by the door, hanging on the wall.

@Cleantec were able to supply a nice semi-industrial Kranzle (with brass pump etc).

Power Washer; Kranzle K 10/122 240V Industrial High Pressure Washer

Extension hose; Karcher K Series Older Screw Type Extension Hose

I don't think I've ever heard a quiet power washer but having them stored further away in the garage when in use certainly helps keep the noise in the driveway down.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Went with a K4 option with a long hose in the end, picking it up from B&Q.

Seems like a good option just to avoid lugging the things around and all that. Maybe use it a bit more if there is less hassle :grinning:

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
Using a K4 myself bought from the karcher outlet. Had it for over two years now and everything is still grand (No pulsing etc), a 15m (Overkill) hose from @Cleantec and its been perfect set up for the house and car cleaning duties

Cleantec

RMS Regular
We can supply replacement and extension hoses for nearly all types of pressure washers, just PM me with the make and full model name/number. :grinning:

@McFall1984 It depends on the model, you will find the full model name/number on a sticker somewhere on the Nilfisk machines. Let me know those details and I can link you to the correct one.

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
We can supply replacement and extension hoses for nearly all types of pressure washers, just PM me with the make and full model name/number. :grinning:

@McFall1984 It depends on the model, you will find the full model name/number on a sticker somewhere on the Nilfisk machines. Let me know those details and I can link you to the correct one.
I'll check it out after work an send you details
Thanks

Deleted member 23441

D

Hi Ryan just for future reference but do you keep hoses for Lidls Parkside power washer
Thanks

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@gibgrth Unfortunately, Parkside use an extremely odd coupling on the trigger side of their hoses and are the only pressure washer in the world to use this type of coupling. We cannot provide a direct replacement but we can use part of the old hose and the coupling as an adaptor to make our hose suit.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I have got my last 2 karcher washers from the outlet store for mega cheap prices .If it lasts even 18 months then I'm quids in compared to spendind £2-3 hundred on a new machine .They have a k2 on there last week for £29.00
How could you beat that.going to order one here just to keep at the yard for handyness when the trucks need there lights /windows blasted over winter .

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Any tips for a good quality power washer that is also quiet?

Had enough of my cheap B&Q one, it would wake the dead, lol :grinning:
I did wonder what that noise was.....
I had a nilfisk that wouldn't wake an insomniac. I suppose you could ask in B&Q to compare them and make sure you record the event. looking forward to some quality consumer advice soon!

Edit......... pointless answer. Enjoy your new washer!

Deleted member 23441

D
@gibgrth Unfortunately, Parkside use an extremely odd coupling on the trigger side of their hoses and are the only pressure washer in the world to use this type of coupling. We cannot provide a direct replacement but we can use part of the old hose and the coupling as an adaptor to make our hose suit.
Thanks Ryan will keep you in mind when mines knackered

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Didn't want to start a new thread.....

I'm looking at buying a refurbed Karcher K4 from the outlet store.....
What's a better buy for normal use like just car washing and the odd patio...the full size or the compact?

Ghost

RMS Regular
My Karcher is starting to pulse. What does pulsing mean? Is it ****ed? Or just keep using it until it blows?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Didn't want to start a new thread.....

I'm looking at buying a refurbed Karcher K4 from the outlet store.....
What's a better buy for normal use like just car washing and the odd patio...the full size or the compact?

The one I got in the end is marked "K4 Premium", it was on sale at the time.

Had a look on their website, as far as I can tell the performance is the same for the Compact. At least the numbers look identical. The "Premium" comes with a few more gadgets and bits and bobs, it has a reel for the hose, and a few other handy things like that.

Mine is perfect for the car and around the house, nice and quiet too. I got an extension hose on it as well so need to drag it around either.

The Compact will no doubt be grand too. At least on paper, not tried it myself.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
My Karcher is starting to pulse. What does pulsing mean? Is it ****ed? Or just keep using it until it blows?
I would guess that there is some sort of leak in the pressure side which causes the pump to kick as it has detected it, kinda like when you pull the trigger and release the pressure that way.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36

Nope, ours has been pulsing for about 8 years lol

Edit: a quick Google suggests a couple of dirty components. If you fancy a go, it might be worth giving them a clean. Otherwise I wouldn't worry.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
I've a Nilfisk with (I think) an 8m hose that you wind up onto a reel on the washer. However the hose is now a series of loops and is impossible to roll out straight. Would one of your replacement hoses sort this issue @Cleantec ? Don't mind storing the hose separate from the unit and would prefer a 15m one.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.