Quiet power washer

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
My hoses are the same, stiff braided hoses to take the pressure. Do turn into a big spring after being wound up, lol :grinning:

Just goes with pressure hoses, will never be supple. Pull it out like a spring instead of trying to roll it out.

Sam.

RMS Regular
I've a Nilfisk with (I think) an 8m hose that you wind up onto a reel on the washer. However the hose is now a series of loops and is impossible to roll out straight. Would one of your replacement hoses sort this issue @Cleantec ? Don't mind storing the hose separate from the unit and would prefer a 15m one.
I've had a 15m hose from @Cleantec on my Nilfisk (Also with reel) for around 2 years now and it's still perfect. It's quite flexible unlike the plasticy Nilfisk so does unroll straight with no loops/kinks etc.

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@Ghost Is it pulsing when the trigger is not pulled? If so, @lennyd is right in saying that it is most likely a leak on the high pressure side. Have a look around the connections on your hose, your pump or if there is a leak out of the end of your lance. A leak out of the end of your lance would mean you need a new trigger as it is letting water past the seal. If you are unlucky, it could be an internal leak inside the head of the pump which would not be worth getting into.

@Deezer-D Yes, we supply rubber hydraulic hoses and not the thermoplastic type that comes as standard. They will not harden or become difficult to straighten out and they are much more durable. What is the full model number on your Nilfisk?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
@Ghost Is it pulsing when the trigger is not pulled? If so, @lennyd is right in saying that it is most likely a leak on the high pressure side. Have a look around the connections on your hose, your pump or if there is a leak out of the end of your lance. A leak out of the end of your lance would mean you need a new trigger as it is letting water past the seal. If you are unlucky, it could be an internal leak inside the head of the pump which would not be worth getting into.

@Deezer-D Yes, we supply rubber hydraulic hoses and not the thermoplastic type that comes as standard. They will not harden or become difficult to straighten out and they are much more durable. What is the full model number on your Nilfisk?

Will check tonight but from memory it's a Continental model

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@Deezer-D It is probably a Nilfisk Centennial model, they come with a hose reel but the hose actually just screws onto the machine instead of fitting into the hose reel so that would be very handy. It would mean that you could get whatever length you want and not have to worry about the reel, the current hose simply just wraps around the reel.

If it is that model, here is a link to the hose you require:

Nilfisk Alto Centennial Type Replacement Hose

If not, let me know!

Last edited:

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I got a 15m hose for my Karcher from Cleantec a couple of years ago, and last week they swapped the ends to allow me to use it with my Nilfisk. Such a handy job not having to pull the unit round behind you. When I can get the garage cleared I'm going to mount the house on the wall and have it permanently set up.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
@Deezer-D It is probably a Nilfisk Centennial model, they come with a hose reel but the hose actually just screws onto the machine instead of fitting into the hose reel so that would be very handy. It would mean that you could get whatever length you want and not have to worry about the reel, the current hose simply just wraps around the reel.

If it is that model, here is a link to the hose you require:

Nilfisk Alto Centennial Type Replacement Hose

If not, let me know!

That's the very one (y) Centennial model. The hose reel thing is a pain in the hole anyway so it would probably be just as handy ganging the hose in the shed seeing as I have to reconnect every time I use the pressure washer.
Just need to decide if I need a 10m or 15m version. The original is 8m but I never get to use it all as it's permanently coiled up.

Cleantec

RMS Regular
@Deezer-D Great! The hose reel is not the best on that model because the hose is not actually connected into the reel, it would definitely be as easy to just not use it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.