R53 Cooper S

phil_c

RMS Regular
Drives
Bmw 535d
So after owning one of these 13 years ago, and never really getting over selling it. I finally bit the bullet and bought this. Few bits and pieces need done to tidy it up, and then I will be doing some engine work. Will be keeping you updated along the way. Any input is welcome.
mini first pic.PNG

Wild Thing

RMS Regular
Looks well join the ever growing rms cooper s club, and get your self over to R & F Mini Owners Group Northern Ireland on facebook, health to enjoy

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Class, another one on here!

Them wheels are my favourite on the R53, health to drive.

phil_c

RMS Regular
OP
phil_c
Drives
Bmw 535d
IMG_8051.JPG
Sorry for the crap pic. Fitted the JCW grille and painted the lower part earlier. Really like the look of it.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Milltek is addictive, the sound is perfect pops and bangs are great fun. Looks like a very nice little S.

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
Looks the part, I know 2 of the previous owners, car still looking fresh. Enjoy!

phil_c

RMS Regular
OP
phil_c
Drives
Bmw 535d

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Car looks great, they are super fun!

You may need some washers to go under the plate at the centre section to stop a rattle, mine needed this after fitting the Milltek

phil_c

RMS Regular
OP
phil_c
Drives
Bmw 535d
Been a long time since I updated this thread. The car went to @Wild Thing a few weeks ago for a clutch, ended up doing a 17% pulley and bushings and a new alternator as the old one was cracked. Got it home and the top mounts give up so the coil overs go in next week. Can’t wait to her it back!

phil_c

RMS Regular
OP
phil_c
Drives
Bmw 535d
D69A783D-77BE-45DB-BB4C-48A96F72F3EF.jpeg
Got the car back after getting the coil overs fitted and the anti roll bar was knocking like mad. I had to take it apart and adjust the link arms. Pleased to say that sorted it. The yellowspeed coil overs are a great job, I wasn’t convinced they would be decent as I usually run kw’s but I am presently surprised! 😁 Car was back a day and then the wheels went for a refurb 😂
Got the wheels back from Polished Alloys and am very happy with them. I fitted new jcw centre badges and a set of pilot sport 4’s
AB6F0411-7D0A-4843-A9C7-CED1C396A7BC.jpeg E73C557E-54A0-44DE-BBBD-5F48AFE7EEA6.jpeg EE6F63BA-361D-4C2C-B293-0B3BB6150854.jpeg