R53 JCW Mini Cooper S

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
As we finally have a start date for our house build I am reluctantly thinking about letting the JCW go.

Hard to believe I’ve had this 2 years. Time flies but I’ve enjoyed it and made some decent additions to it during my ownership. The reality is I don’t have any storage for it and with the impending madness that comes with building a house it will get even less use. I have only done 1,300 in the last year !

I haven’t advertised it as yet, in fact I am still in two minds and can’t really be bothered with the time wasters but I will consider this the first step ! If anyone is interested feel free to drop me a PM to keep this thread within the rules.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Great car for someone to tuck away for the weekends ... i also know how fussy you are so someone is getting a completely immaculate example.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Repainted the rear calipers to freshen them up. Good opportunity to clean the arches properly with some Articulate, APC and coated with Aerospace 303.

With the wheels being off it allowed good access to clean the back boxes. However a few tar deposits so will give them a proper clean another time.

Removed the exhaust tips and gave them a good bath in Tarminator. Polished with Megs metal polish - came up well for 15 year old but some signs of the usual pitting at the bottom edge.

Hopefully get some dry weather at the weekend to give it a good clean ahead of the run on Sunday!

923537D3-F20F-4857-8823-2B57B0E996B7.jpeg

0E180C1F-3240-4935-8E79-3E4A6350D6DE.jpeg

459F251B-2769-41DA-8E55-1A68742395D4.jpeg

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Never sell it ... what a great toy in the garage to have when you move.

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Looks immaculate!

It’s not immaculate unfortunately, but it’s not bad for 15 year old. Usual age related marks mainly.

I’ve put it off long enough, want to get it back to as close to perfect as possible so I have booked it in with Alan @ AG Automotive. It’s going up in the next few weeks!

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
It’s not immaculate unfortunately, but it’s not bad for 15 year old. Usual age related marks mainly.

I’ve put it off long enough, want to get it back to as close to perfect as possible so I have booked it in with Alan @ AG Automotive. It’s going up in the next few weeks!
Really all it needs, front bumper wasn’t even bad as you made out lol but as you said always seems worse on your own car. It’ll be perfect after those two bits are done(y)

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
After some careful consideration I decided to keep the JCW long term. They are definitely getting a rare sight on the roads and it still puts a smile on my face every time I take it a spirited drive so it would really make no sense for me to part with it.

As mentioned before, there were a few cosmetic bits I wanted to get done, just the usual age related marks and signs of wear you’d associate with a 16 year old car.

I am my own worst enemy, if a jobs worth doing then it’s best done right ..

Car was booked into Alan @ AG Automotive towards the end of November and I ended up with a full respray.

The following items were also replaced.
  • Genuine JCW Badge
  • Genuine Cooper S Badge
  • Genuine Mini Badge
  • Re-production rear bumper vinyl inserts.
    Genuine items are no longer available.
All 4 wheels were refurbished by Micheal @ Polished Alloys and the JCW centre cap badges were replaced.

I collected the car today and as you would expect from Alan’s work it is perfect. I am delighted with how it turned out if i am honest. Back to it’s very best ! :cool:

1610133320748.jpeg
1610133282985.jpeg

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
Drives
MINI JCW
That looks incredible! I'm really glad you decided to keep it as it's such a nice example.