R53 JCW Mini Cooper S

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I wasn't going to bother with a thread as I only picked this up for a bit of fun following the sale of the S3 but some of the Mini fans might appreciate it.

It is July 2005 R53 John Cooper Works with 59K miles from new and a full service history.
  • JCW Tuning kit (with certificate) (Exhaust, Airbox etc)
  • JCW 18" Alloys with 4 new Toyo Proxes Tyres
  • Chili Pack
  • Chili Red with white roof, mirror caps and bonnet stripes
  • Xenon Lights
  • A/C, E/W etc ..
  • Half Leather / Black Cloth Interior
  • Chrome Line Interior
  • Sport suspension
  • LSD
  • Light Package
  • Smoker Package
The car has been very well looked after by its previous owners. In fact it's done <5K miles in the past 2 years.
Interior is immaculate and with the exception of a few usual stone chips it is in very good condition.

I have always loved the look of them and the R53 in general seems to get decent reviews so having sold the S3 I thought I would give one a try and tick the box as such. I was just looking for something to use for my short work trips etc. so this does the job nicely for now.

First real run in it was last Sunday on the coast run and the roads, mainly the twisty parts, were perfect to get to grips with it.

No real plans for it whatsoever. It is completely standard with the exception of an Alpine HU and Bluethooth which is what appealed to me to be honest.

I will get round to taking a few more pictures of it but here is one thanks to Cooper from Sunday. (y)

IMG_8772.jpg

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Mini JCW's are brilliant cars, which are great fun to own. This looks to be a great find. HTD (y)

simon4563

RMS Regular
Drives
F30
That looks a tidy example, health to drive mate. Such a fun car to drive. Mine was just the cooper s but had the same kit and wheels as yours. Must be great to have the extra bhp from the JCW tuning

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Looks class, nice extras and low mileage also (y)

Get a smaller pulley for it, single best mod I’ve done to the GP :grinning: Then take it to a track!

moglie

RMS Regular
Class looking wee thing @Carson

I'm sure it's brilliant craic to drive and go kart'esque on the twisty stuff

Health to enjoy it buddy

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Thats who owns this. Not sure if I was talking to you on sunday but its a great going we car. We were behind you at one point in the wrx and commented at how it went round on rails.

No unfortunately didn’t get chatting to you but noticed the WRX behind me most of the way up the coast. It enjoyed the corners that’s for sure even though the big boys left me for dead :joy:

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Already has a smaller pulley (11% from memory) if it’s JCW

15% would help a bit. 17% would be into upgrading the intercooler and plugs

Yeah that 11% smaller if my research is correct. As said, I’ll be leaving it be. It’s already a lively wee thing.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Nice choice sir!

I still use mine as a daily.

A well looked after one is hard to beat!

Carson

RMS Regular
OP
Carson
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
Thanks for the comments folks ..

As said, it needs very little but I ordered a brand new genuine upper and lower front grill and number plate holder simply because the originals have faded a little over the years and are looking a little tired.