R53 Mini Cooper S JCW

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
But that would only be a generic map and not a true custom map for the mods done. Have heard there is a guy round cookstown that is supposed to be **** hot at mapping on the dyno, feelers out, here and across water

If you're going to go to the trouble of going across the water for a map then go to 1320. They will custom map with Bytronic. TBH, I've never heard of anyone over here who has any kind of reputation for tuning minis.
Lohen would be another option but they're also across the water.

I'll be sending my ECU to Manic Motorsport for mapping. They're the Mini equivalent of Revo and offer an SPS switch too. The results from Manic are excellent even on a standard Cooper S. Unfortunately they're only available for the second generation turbo cars.

Be interested to hear if you do get someone here to map it [emoji106]

HWW

RMS Regular
Drives
Fiesta, Mini
People used to go to Torque Tronix in Kells with R53s. Don't know much about them to be honest. I went to East Coast Customs and wasted a whole day as they couldn't get mine mapped.

sduk

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini Cooper SD
really awesome wee car, looks a million times better with the new front end, a lot newer and fresher.

I just got my first ever mini yesterday so look forward to seeing more updates here!

Lauren_E

RMS Regular
OP
Lauren_E
Drives
MINI JCW
Haven't updated this thread in ages, so here goes...

Finally got it up to PMG to get a detail and full hydrophobic package.
IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

Got 4 new Dunlop tyres which was night and day over the previous tyres both in the wet and dry conditions

For my 18th, I got a 3 digit number plate
IMG_0019.JPG

Next on the list was to get it mapped. Decided to go to Murray Motorsport and while it was there decided to replace the coil pack. On the dyno it made 230bhp, so i was more than pleased with that.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.