Raceglaze Water Filter

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Looking to purchase a water filter and it seems that Raceglaze is the best product to get. Has anyone any experience with the Raceglaze, and if so what size of unit is best? Rinsing Water Filters

Also would love to hear about anywhere local that is best to get replacement resin. I know the window cleaning trade must get it somewhere, so it would be much better and probably cheaper than ordering it from the likes of Raceglaze.

Finally, if anyone has any discount codes for Raceglaze, it would be much appreciated! Thanks

J55NI

RMS Regular
I got mine here, I think it’s cheaper than raceglaze.

How long would a fill of resin do you marc? I think I remember you saying you had a twin setup?

MarkM

RMS Regular
Very happy with my raceglaze one, 7ltr one is the perfect size for me and it works well. The price is complete with resin but not fittings.
Never seen discount codes for them.

Last edited:

J55NI

RMS Regular
Very happy with my raceglaze one, 7ltr one is the perfect size for me and it works well. The price is complete with resin unlike the others!
Never seen discount codes for them.

How long have you had yours Mark? What way have you it setup? Interested in one myself as im fed up picking up marring from drying it..

MarkM

RMS Regular
How long have you had yours Mark? What way have you it setup? Interested in one myself as im fed up picking up marring from drying it..

Nothing fancy Jonny, I set the filter beside my hose reel and bought one of those extendy blue hoses off amazon (£16) and a straight connector to plug into the end of it so I get a nice stream instead of a spray out of it, it’s plenty long enough to walk round 2 cars without moving the filter.
I’ve only had it for a few months but wish I’d done it years ago, just no need to dry the car unless you want to apply a product, yesterday, even in the sun, wash and dried naturally with no spots :laughing:

Last edited:

J55NI

RMS Regular
Nothing fancy Jonny, I set the filter beside my hose reel and bought one of those extendy blue hoses off amazon (25m £16) and a straight connector to plug into the end of it so I get a nice stream instead of a spray out of it, it’s plenty long enough to walk round 2 cars without moving the filter.
I’ve only had it for a few months but wish I’d done it years ago, just no need to dry the car unless you want to apply a product, yesterday, even in the sun, wash and dried naturally with no spots :laughing:

So you plug the filter into the hose reel and not at the tap outside? Do you use it for the final rinse only or for the full wash?

MarkM

RMS Regular
So you plug the filter into the hose reel and not at the tap outside? Do you use it for the final rinse only or for the full wash?

My hose reel is plugged into the outside tap permanently lol, you could use a short bit from the filter and straight to the outside tap. I only do the final rinse with it, still use the washer to get the soap off then just a final rinse down through the filter and hose

Gone up a quid but still cheap....50ft one
Amazon product ASIN B07KD7NHD2

J55NI

RMS Regular
My hose reel is plugged into the outside tap permanently lol, you could use a short bit from the filter and straight to the outside tap. I only do the final rinse with it, still use the washer to get the soap off then just a final rinse down through the filter and hose

Gone up a quid but still cheap....50ft one
Amazon product ASIN B07KD7NHD2

Thanks for the link will get one ordered up along with a vessel. You just changed the fitting on the blue hose to a hoselock type then? I would be washing 2 cars a week so would be happy getting around 6 months out of a fill of resin.

MarkM

RMS Regular
Thanks for the link will get one ordered up along with a vessel. You just changed the fitting on the blue hose to a hoselock type then? I would be washing 2 cars a week so would be happy getting around 6 months out of a fill of resin.

Yes, hoselock type. I wash 2 sometimes 3 a week with mine, we’ll see how it goes, but so far happy with it :grinning:

Marc

RMS Moderator

Don’t be doing a full wash with it if you want it to last, you only need to rinse it.

The only difference in the race glaze and the one I have is the amount of resin it holds from what I know.

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
I am the reseller for raceglaze products and have been for years, its a slow mover but we keep a few of things here, as for the water filtersI have recently sold a few of there filters and some ppl have went for the 7ltr but the bigger one 14ltr seams to be more popular, there is no discount with raceglaze on these filter and with the size etc and weight the carriage is a bit of nightmare, what I normally do is order 2 or 4 at a time then I helps pay for the delivery, but to be honest I cant give anything off and I will split carriage between them. I do normally supply the fitting with these aswell. PROCAR 02890 817187 now if there was a few ppl looking them I could see what I can do on prices and delivery charges.

Davey@Procar

RMS Trader
here is the story was speaking with mark at raceglaze, there is no discount on these filters at all, so I have tried to sort out delivery and work a little with mark to do something, I will need to order 4 x 7ltrs filters and 6 x 14ltrs filter for this work,

7ltr filter with male fittings delivered to NI rrp £123.99 I can do at £115.99 all in
14ltr filter with male fittings delivered to NI rrp £213.95 I can do at £199.99 all in

if it any use to any one then all filters will need to be paid either cash or paypal as a gift.

thanks davey procar 02890 817187

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
OP
SPIKE_
Drives
GTI | JCW
Definitely interested in the 7ltr version. If you get the numbers required, then I’ll be taking one.

Gibonz

RMS Regular
Drives
W204

MarkM

RMS Regular

J55NI

RMS Regular
Are those prices for the DI vessel complete with resin?

Vyair 11 litre vessels with resin & fittings are £95 delivered on ebay

I will likely go down the above route myself if that's the price of the raceglaze ones. Plenty on detailing world using the vyair one above with good reviews and much cheaper.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@Mark315 uses and recommended the Vyair one to me.

I have it but haven’t used it yet so can’t report but with so many great reviews I can’t see me being able to say anything negative about it!

davyk31

RMS Regular
7 litre will be too small unless you have very soft water and resin will expend very quickly. The 11 litre Vyair option is perfect and at a much better price. I have two filters, one is 16 litre and then I added an 11 litre Vyair as a pre filter to spare the resin longer and means I don't throw out resin that still has some serviceable life left. Have been using DI vessels for years and they truly are revolutionary . My bigger vessel is Raceglaze and I really can't see any difference with the newer Vyair one.

davyk31

RMS Regular
What do you class as soft water? My tap water unfiltered reads about 200ppm which is not overly hard but clearly needs some work to get it down to 0 ppm

MarkM

RMS Regular
What do you class as soft water? My tap water unfiltered reads about 200ppm which is not overly hard but clearly needs some work to get it down to 0 ppm

I use a Fernox tds meter weekly (not at home lol), yet to see readings over 25/30. I’m new to filtration but I think the 7 ltr will work out for me

Last edited:

davyk31

RMS Regular
Your unfiltered water reads 25 do you mean? Sounds really soft ans really hardly worth buying a vessel to treat that.