Raceglaze Water Filter

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Has anyone came up with a clever solution to mounting this to the wall? I'd like to have it attached beside my tap so I just have to swap the hose over for final rinse.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Has anyone came up with a clever solution to mounting this to the wall? I'd like to have it attached beside my tap so I just have to swap the hose over for final rinse.

Fire extinguisher mounting kit?

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Fire extinguisher mounting kit?

I was thinking that, but most seem to be for smaller 1 or 2kg tanks. I've seen one that does up until a 12kg tank but no idea if thats bigger or smaller than the Vyair 11kg, plus it's just a nylon strap which I'm not keen on.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
youd just need to bring it in in winter if its mounted, when i got mine, the dude who makes them (off here) said that can destroy them

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
The water at my house is around 215PPM unfiltered using a TDS meter.

You can pop your postcode in this site and it will give you an idea of the water quality.

What on earth does this mean lol!
1563961258132.png

All I know is the water marks I'm left with after rinsing are terrible..

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
its means you have hard water, and the water contains an amount of calcium, this is what is left on your car once the water has evaporated.

Thanks @Marc does this have an effect anywhere else in the house? Drinking water, washing machine etc?

Marc

RMS Moderator
Thanks @Marc does this have an effect anywhere else in the house? Drinking water, washing machine etc?
I’m no expert in water, but yes, if you look at your taps you will see the calcium buildup, the kettle will have calcium in the bottom, the iron will also likely have calcium build up inside it that will show as white chalky marks when the steam dislodges it.

You will also be used to the taste of it, filtered water will taste funny.

Grab a bottle of water from the shop and have a read, it will also have nutrients listed on the bottle.

I believe rain water is great to rinse your car as it has not filtered through the ground and into the reservoir before reaching your tap.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
So I received my Vyair filter on Wednesday and received my TDS meter and couplings today and got it all hooked up. Tested tap water at about 230ppm, RO water form my brothers set up for the fish tank was actually at 36ppm and rain water was only 4ppm, which is very surprising as most things I've read say its about 10-20ppm. I run a load of water through the Vyair to get rid of any original tap water that may be lingering in the hose and it measured 0ppm as expected. However, i noticed tiny brown bits floating around in the water. I imagine this to be something to do with the resin, but, will it go away? Not much point rinsing the car with calcium free water if there are visible particles going to be left on it anyway.

davyk31

RMS Regular
No there shouldn't be any particles in the water. Open the canister and give the resin a mix up then try again and let the water run a while to see. Should be crystal clear.

Or maybe if you are using a hose connected to the outfeed it's breaking up or there is dirt inside it. If using a hose disconnect it and just let the filtered water flow out of hose lock connector and see what's it like.

If you still have issues then it sounds like they need to replace it for you.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
No there shouldn't be any particles in the water. Open the canister and give the resin a mix up then try again and let the water run a while to see. Should be crystal clear.

Or maybe if you are using a hose connected to the outfeed it's breaking up or there is dirt inside it. If using a hose disconnect it and just let the filtered water flow out of hose lock connector and see what's it like.

If you still have issues then it sounds like they need to replace it for you.

Good advice regarding the hose. It's only 2 years old, but that doesn't mean anything. I'll try tomorrow.

When you run yours does it appear all foggy until it settles, like there's lots of air in it?

colin84

RMS Regular
I finally bought a telescopic window brush for doing our house windows, works a treat with the filter.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Good advice regarding the hose. It's only 2 years old, but that doesn't mean anything. I'll try tomorrow.

When you run yours does it appear all foggy until it settles, like there's lots of air in it?

No I would not say it’s foggy at all. Probably the opposite to be honest as the water nearly seems more shiny and clear altho I know that sounds mad.

Try those things and let us know how you get on. If you are getting 0 ppm then the resin is working but maybe some of it is being lifted into the water which would mean maybe a faulty lift pipe in the canister.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
How long does one of these vyair last roughly .say two cars washed every week and this only used as a final rinse over .

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
No I would not say it’s foggy at all. Probably the opposite to be honest as the water nearly seems more shiny and clear altho I know that sounds mad.

Try those things and let us know how you get on. If you are getting 0 ppm then the resin is working but maybe some of it is being lifted into the water which would mean maybe a faulty lift pipe in the canister.

So I tried the hose attached to the tap, no filter and it was clear, then i tried the filter with no hose attached and it was clear, then I tried the filter with the hose and those pesky brown bits are back :joy: I opened the filter and they appear to be from it. I'll investigate further and maybe contact Vyair if necessary.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Sounds very odd if the filter without them hose was clear and then adding the hose caused the problem again. Not sure what's happening there if the hose was clear without the filter then it's not it unless it somehow causing pressure when connected which is lifting the resin. Maybe a shorter piece of hose could be tried.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Yeah he does, I get mine refilled by him every 2 years or so as well. It just works. No hassle :grinning:
This lasts 2 years .is it the 11 ltr tank ? .how much use does this get to last the two years.would you wash a car weekly or what ?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
This lasts 2 years .is it the 11 ltr tank ? .how much use does this get to last the two years.would you wash a car weekly or what ?

Depends how hard your water is too. You can buy a wee meter for less than a tenner so you can monitor it.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Can't be used much if it lasts two years I would say. I maybe get 3 or 4 months but that is washing 3 cars at least weekly. Then I bought another canister and use the older resin as a pre filter which makes the good stuff work less hard and now lasts longer.