Racewars Easter monday april 22nd

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Interesting results compared to the last time I was at St. Angelo’s

Winning run in my class then was 11.40 @ 137mph

Where as my fastest run was 11.33 at 117mph

Is that because my starts are good and my pace is gradual over the distance? Whereas that previous run would be a slow or wheel spin start, gets grip then goes off like a bat?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
That was slow tbh as it normally runs mid 11s but that was a 12.21 pass. Its having some changes for the summer so should be a bit quicker for august drag day . the launch was ok as it was a 1.6 60ft .

Must just be the whole noise ads to how fast something seems, might have to do with the opposing car and the angle of the video, but damn it was impressive none the less

Mark_C

RMS Regular
Interesting results compared to the last time I was at St. Angelo’s

Winning run in my class then was 11.40 @ 137mph

Where as my fastest run was 11.33 at 117mph

Is that because my starts are good and my pace is gradual over the distance? Whereas that previous run would be a slow or wheel spin start, gets grip then goes off like a bat?

Essentially yes, It's grip v power. The main reason your times are nice and low but terminals relatively slow are due to traction/grip off the line and the fast changes of the dsg box. You're then let down by the relative lack of power compared to those with higher terminals. If you look at a couple of the really quick (powerful) NI cars they're doing in and around 150mph at 1/4 mile.

Last edited:

civic_tom

RMS Regular
To be honest you’ll only ever use it a handful of times but it’s cheaper than race logic and accurate enough.

Good to have if you’re starting to tune your car to go through the stages to see the differences.

You can borrow it if you want to check it out.

Really appreciate the offer mate! But I think I’m just going to go ahead and buy one, purely for the purpose you’ve just mentioned. Ive some gearing and performance mods on the horizon and I’d love to get some data for each before and after scenario!

Gaz86

RMS Regular
Anyone know what was swapped into the Twin Cam and MR-S?

68488137-B8AA-428C-B22A-4C8DF9F42692.jpeg
F441E158-7A60-4FAF-8063-0DB544BA0827.jpeg
7925FA32-A6B5-4806-BB18-84737A4451A0.jpeg

The AE86 is my mates car, running an SR20, it’s about 420bhp. Crazy money spent on that thing. He did pretty well despite struggling to get the power down

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Pictures are up from the event costing £5 to remove the water mark across the middle

Only one picture of my car from the entire day and its one in the distance racing the Supra :worried:

No insta likes for me :worried: