Racewars Easter monday april 22nd

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
I could do many things, but that isnt just what the car is about.

And I could build all sorts...TBH I just dont really want to. I'm fairly happy with what I have. It never will be the fastest at anything, but it's just for fun so it's no problem.
It would be very easy to build something smaller, lighter, faster or whatever, 4wd etc....but I'm not really that interested in doing that. And going all out in that sense...usually ends up not road legal, which massively impacts ability to use the thing in the first place. Then it needs a trailer, tow vehicle etc etc. It can all become another massive expense and ballache for even less use of the car.
Maybe someday I'll go down that route, but I don't see it in the foreseeable future.
Nail & head there !

I always loved the TOTB story of you driving to England with your mates, signing on then turfing them out and running 200 mph up the runway 😆

I know you’re going to stay it was 198.8 or whatever but it was near as damned 200 mph in a Granada lol

I remember donkeys years ago going to something at St Angelo and I was standing in the crowd with a few boys from the old PCC. The Granada lined up and a load of local young farmers were all saying things like ‘look at this tit in his da’s Granada etc’ it was literally all I could do to not say anything.
Lights changed and you launched as normal with traction issues then boom 💥 you found some and went past whatever it was you were racing like it was going backwards 😂 the same young guys jaws just hit the deck followed by a lot of expletives!

For me that’s what it’s all about and what makes it interesting

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Ah I know that plate also - he does send it everywhere. Good lad, Billy!

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Nail & head there !

I always loved the TOTB story of you driving to England with your mates, signing on then turfing them out and running 200 mph up the runway 😆

I know you’re going to stay it was 198.8 or whatever but it was near as damned 200 mph in a Granada lol

I remember donkeys years ago going to something at St Angelo and I was standing in the crowd with a few boys from the old PCC. The Granada lined up and a load of local young farmers were all saying things like ‘look at this tit in his da’s Granada etc’ it was literally all I could do to not say anything.
Lights changed and you launched as normal with traction issues then boom 💥 you found some and went past whatever it was you were racing like it was going backwards 😂 the same young guys jaws just hit the deck followed by a lot of expletives!

For me that’s what it’s all about and what makes it interesting

It did 202mph in a mile back in 2010 at Woodbridge, although it was trailered there that time, more for convenience as we were doing other stuff over the few days and I needed to buy a new van while I was in England, so couldnt drive everything.
It did 193 in 1km a couple of years ago at TOTB so it is faster now, but even they've dropped it to 1/2 mile now. Would be nice to see 190+ now in a 1/2", but that's a huge ask.

I'm sure it would easily do 200+ in 1km, but I've no desire to try that sort of thing too often.

Hopefully they can squeeze 600m or so out of St Angelo in August. A full 1/2m would be nice, but the runway just isnt long enough to be safe for all, especially some of the bikes.

steaa

RMS Regular
Drives
DBP MK7.5 R
After giving this a watch yesterday I wouldn’t mind giving it a go some time. I would need to spend a few quid on the car though :laughing:

Your S3 was looking very good @Boydie at it.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
See the perfect car for someone there on performance ni page .1200hp runs 9,s at over 150 lol.i can only imaging the price of the thing though as the spec list is kind of impressive to say the least .

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
@Boydie whats the weight of the s3 out of interest .must be around 300hp / ton or there abouts.

I actually don’t know now!

See the perfect car for someone there on performance ni page .1200hp runs 9,s at over 150 lol.i can only imaging the price of the thing though as the spec list is kind of impressive to say the least .

ORLY?

And that was just Stage 2

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
The S3 is rapid, you really need to be in it to appreciate it. Great times !

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Looks like the raffle car a local guy won from JM Imports a while back and drove for a few months. For the higher power levels it requires ethanol ( ie E85 ) in the tank. Definitely a very fast car.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
It needs an exhaust. It’s completely silent going up the strip. Lol

I know what you’re saying but if has a full turbo back valveless Milltek but it is resonated so as not to be anti social.

Considering buying a non res section just for events lol

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Holy sh1t imagine that phone call” hello sir you have just won a r35 gtr”
My next of kin would be getting the enjoyment from it as I would actually drop lol.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Holy sh1t imagine that phone call” hello sir you have just won a r35 gtr”
My next of kin would be getting the enjoyment from it as I would actually drop lol.

He was just heading off on his honeymoon when he got the call...naturally he thought it was a wind up !

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
X2. Was it just me or was there issues with the lights? Seams a lot of flaffin about with the cars at the start of each run

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
X2. Was it just me or was there issues with the lights? Seams a lot of flaffin about with the cars at the start of each run

Yep, it's the way their lights work. You have a set of staging lights at the top, once these both turn solid, you only have a fraction of a second before the amber lights turn on followed by the green to go. I much prefer the other way of doing it where you get a count down from 3, far less confusing!