Racewars Easter monday april 22nd

civic_tom

RMS Regular
X2. Was it just me or was there issues with the lights? Seams a lot of flaffin about with the cars at the start of each run

The lights were fine from what I could see, I think some folk just didn’t realise how they work in regards to lining up correctly with the beam at the start line. In fairness, there was a pretty swift run through how they work at the start, which a lot of drivers further back the cue probably wouldn’t have heard.

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
The lights were fine from what I could see, I think some folk just didn’t realise how they work in regards to lining up correctly with the beam at the start line.

Yep, this is exactly what happened. Once you know how the system works it's actually pretty easy though. You just pull up until the staging lights turn solid. Once both cars have solid staging lights it's amber then green to go. Still prefer the countdown from 3 system though.

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
Hopefully someone put a GoPro at the finish line so we can see the end of the races!

I did that last year but still haven't got round to putting the videos up online yet. Going to ask straightliners if I can do it for the one in August.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
It was a huge and ambitious event that I would imagine took an unbelievable amount of time and effort to plan and organise. So really fair play to Stephen and everyone else involved for pulling it off.

I really wasn’t fussed on the drag racing and rally sprint taking turns however. As a spectator, I’m sure it was great, but as a driver I found it very frustrating only getting a few runs in within the first 3-4 hour period. At times, the 30 minute slot wasn’t even enough to let everyone get a single run, which left some sitting for 1hr+ in the cue.

Personally I wouldn’t enter again if it was the same format. Really looking forward to the next drag day in August however as the runway is exclusively drag racing all day from what I understand.

jonnylaris

RMS Regular
Drives
540BHP M4
It was a huge and ambitious event that I would imagine took an unbelievable amount of time and effort to plan and organise. So really fair play to Stephen and everyone else involved for pulling it off.

I really wasn’t fussed on the drag racing and rally sprint taking turns however. As a spectator, I’m sure it was great, but as a driver I found it very frustrating only getting a few runs in within the first 3-4 hour period. At times, the 30 minute slot wasn’t even enough to let everyone get a single run, which left some sitting for 1hr+ in the cue.

Personally I wouldn’t enter again if it was the same format. Really looking forward to the next drag day in August however as the runway is exclusively drag racing all day from what I understand.

Yea totally agree here and I think you speak for most people. Seemed good on paper but in reality the turn about method didn't work especially for the drivers. I'd rather the drag racing was a totally separate event like it normally is.

Richy

RMS Regular
Drives
E55
Seems I'm keeping the E55 so coming back round to the idea of racing... maybe take the Type R too lol, lets see what August brings! Looks like a great day anyway, didn't go because I was planning on racing at it and it kills me to watch when I was meant to be racing!

Stu Beck

RMS Regular
one criticism would be the lack of toilets. Think there were three. One was out of action and massive queues at the remaining two. Straightliners have twenty or thirty.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
one criticism would be the lack of toilets. Think there were three. One was out of action and massive queues at the remaining two. Straightliners have twenty or thirty.

There were more than 3, they were scattered around the place but definitely nowhere near enough. No idea how they thought so few would be needed. Likewise food.
If you dandered right down to the end of the runway there were some with no or very small queues.

Any drone footage?

Drone footage is great....although St Angelo being a live airport ( even if used for racing ) that might create some difficulties ? Would probably need various permissions beforehand, and they might charge a fortune for it as they do use of the runway.

All in all though for the number of people that turned up it did seem to run quite well and was fairly well arranged etc. Those little Casmat buggy things looked like a blast.

But they really should have had both gates open, maybe a one way system. In the main gate and exit via the smaller road. Trying to use that small road for entry and exit was a poor decision and a safety hazard.
Or at least use the normal main gate which can at least accommodate 2 way traffic easily.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I got 8 runs in total and I was an hour late to start. Sign in took ages then car prep.

I didn’t leave my car the whole day hence how I got the 8 runs.

civic_tom

RMS Regular
My fastest Dragy time:

• Run 1 - 1/4 in 11.17s and 0-60mph in 3.19s
No point listing the rest as they were all slower but consistent. The temperature at the start of the day was around 16.5-17 degrees and by the end of the event it was 23. Car was roasting as well so I guess it had to factor!

What do you think of the Dragy mate? I’ve been looking them up online and they seem to be quite well reviewed. Would definitely be interested in picking something like that up.

dufunk

RMS Regular
Makes sense she was spinning in 2nd and 3rd! MR-S sounded turbo'ed maybe 1zz turbo or 3sgte.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
What do you think of the Dragy mate? I’ve been looking them up online and they seem to be quite well reviewed. Would definitely be interested in picking something like that up.

To be honest you’ll only ever use it a handful of times but it’s cheaper than race logic and accurate enough.

Good to have if you’re starting to tune your car to go through the stages to see the differences.

You can borrow it if you want to check it out.

Neil@rockvale

RMS Regular
A good 4wd car here should be able to do 1.5 to 1.7 quite easily. I'd say very few 2wd cars ( unless automatic ) will see sub 2.0s 60fts. On a drag strip with decent tyres, 1.5s 60fts ( or sometimes less ) are doable with 2wd.

Bug was doing 1.6 60fts which for over here I was pleased with tho my mph was down .