Rally Ireland

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

linda:-)

RMS Member
Drives
VW Poslow
MG-Mad said:
What happened to Jennings? Did he have car trouble or go off? Cant find news anywhere about him....

Jennings had suspected gearbox probs early on saturday and didnt finish SS5. Retired and then pulled out the old car for a good hoak as 00 for sunday morning after the original Civic 00 had diffs

SMB

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 Avant
Thats unfortunate.. I think he was really lookin forward to see how he was able to get on against the more experienced grp N drivers...like Carlsson..

Always the crowd pleaser!! lol...

RMS Member
Drives
VW Poslow
think he wouldn have done well against Carlsson - he wasnt going well at all IMO. Only saw one stage and he wasnt exactly impressive, especially for a world champion! Didnt seem like he was trying at all. To be fair alot of the top cars seemed that way. Apart from Wilson, Boland, Loix (and Lynch til he went out) the top cars werent up to much. young McHale should get a mention tho, hes very quickly becoming a boy to watch. The wee micra doin 00 got my vote for pure entertainment tho.

alan273

Was a great weekend apart from points mentioned above by Linda & Coair, then again that’s what this run was all about – pre trial to iron out any probs. Have to agree punctuality seemed to be the biggest problem.

Sorry Linda for hogging the airwaves lol could have done with a few extra channels on them radios, our batteries when dead too which didn’t help, we did have a 2way in the van and car which we ended up having to use even though it seemed to affect the OCU at times sending it blank???. On our FF on Sunday was kinda hard at times to get the cars numbers as they passed us they where kinda close about 3feet from the side of the van and the van got a fair rattle or two from flying stones including a brave few right into the back of the van itself where we were sitting.

Cant fault the hospitality the accommodation was great, and the food both days too. The lunch on Saturday was superb.

The timming equipment was great too, fairly straight forward to use and set up wasn’t to bad either was a lot easier that it looked in the 98 page manual. Know the FF & Stop was fairly easy to use but think the arrival and start had a bit more to it, but we had a great team at the start with RComms and crew.

Role on March for another go

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
alan273 said:
..... but we had a great team at the start with RComms and crew.

whos that you say? lol . Good wee weekend. good craic and all. Just hope theres more world class entries in March! Not that 4 million Group N's are boring or anything..... :sob:

I reckon thr setup in Sligo is a goer for WRC. We stayed in what would make a perfect Rally village, and the Hotel and tech all seemed to be in handy places.

RMS Member
Drives
VW Poslow
yeah you couldn have asked for better for the Sligo set up. They even included a wake up call for us in the form of 60 rally cars coming out of parc ferme at ridiculous o clock in the morning.

as for you ALAN - so it was you lot that stole all the lunches! by the time they got to us on the saturday there was none left - spent from 5.30am on the stage to 4pm with no grub cus couldn leave the fecking equipment. it was top notch on the sunday tho, a million miles away from the usual mars bar and packet o crisps (well a bit healthier anyway). Oh aye and because o you lot we got the eating of our lives from the top 15-we couldn give them times cus we'd no OCU or radios, still dont understand y we didn get priority. but anyways it was all good in the end

conair_6

RMS Member
Drives
Toyota Yaris
Linda i think u have the wrong end of the stick here! We were on the first and last stage of the day were we had to change the start to the finish and vice versa! because there was such a long break and we had to pack away all the stuff we got to have our lunch in the hotel at Drumahuir, and a great lunch it was to, a three course meal with Baileys cheesecake to finish!!!!!!! I heard that all the people in the course cars took all the lunches and left none for the marshals and timekeepers!!!! That puts me and Alan in the clear

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
linda:-) said:
Oh aye and because o you lot we got the eating of our lives from the top 15-we couldn give them times cus we'd no OCU or radios, still dont understand y we didn get priority. but anyways it was all good in the end

:party: , now now Linda... lack of food making you cranky ;) hehe. You should have joined us in the Hotel for lunch on sat.... the cheesecake to finish was tremendous! Although the Roast beef and yorkie pudding did also hit the spot!

Oh and the whole radios thing was just because i brought them for our stage! Its called forward thinking ;). If you give me a shout before March i can get you sets for next year!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.