Range Rover Evoque Is Bbc Topgear Magazine Car Of The Year...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Whitley, Warwickshire, 30 November 2011 - BBC TopGear Magazine has named the new Range Rover Evoque as their 2011 Car of the Year. The Evoque came top in the SUV category of the annual awards and was also picked by TopGear TV presenter Jeremy Clarkson as his favourite new car this year.

The Evoque beat stiff competition from the BMW 1 Series M, Mclaren MP4 12c, Ferrari FF, VW Up! and Kia Picanto to scoop the coveted Car of the Year title. The awards are officially announced in the December issue of BBC TopGear Magazine, which is on sale in the UK now. With 29 international editions, BBC TopGear is read by an estimated 12 million people worldwide.

To celebrate the award, TopGear took a Range Rover Evoque on an African adventure through the souks, deserts and mountain passes of Morocco to fully experience the superb all-round capability and outstanding performance offered by this year's winning car. The full story is featured alongside the Car of the Year Awards in all 29 international editions of the magazine.

The judging panel, headed up by BBC TopGear Magazine Editor-in-Chief, Charlie Turner, comprised members of the magazine's editorial and road testing team, together with the three TopGear TV presenters, Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond.

Commenting on the awards, Turner said: "Judging the TopGear Magazine cars of the year takes a lot of time, coffee and shouting. But, strangely, when it came to the choosing the overall winner, the yelling softened to agreement. Universal approval from the most opinionated minds in the industry is almost unheard of. Which gives you some idea of just how good the Range Rover Evoque, TopGear’s 2011 Car of the Year, really is."

As well as triumphing in the SUV and overall Car of the Year categories, the Evoque was also chosen by presenter Jeremy Clarkson as his personal choice for Car of the Year. Summing up his decision, he says:"There have been many great cars launched over the last 12 months....But these are just one-trick ponies. The Evoque is more than that. Its a pony that is also a racehorse, a shire horse, a dray horse, a show jumper and an easy rosette-winner in the dressage competition. Its brilliant. And its the Top Gear Car of the Year."

The Top Gear Award represents the 34th international award for the Range Rover Evoque since its launch earlier this year. Land Rover Global Brand Director, John Edwards, welcomed the news saying:
"The Range Rover Evoque has generated an unprecedented response in all of our global markets and has been particularly successful in attracting new customers to the Land Rover brand. The TopGear Car of the Year award is further recognition that the Evoque offers a unique combination of distinctive premium design and outstanding performance underpinned by Land Rover's legendary all terrain capability. The car's success is testament to the skill and commitment of the design and engineering teams in delivering a vehicle that meets the original product vision.

The TopGear Magazine Award is certainly one of the most coveted titles in the industry and we are naturally extremely pleased and excited that Evoque has been crowned overall Car of the Year 2011."

The Range Rover Evoque has been on sale in the UK since September and is available in two body styles (five door or coupé), with a number of engine and transmission combinations. The Evoque also offers the opportunity for a high level of personalisation with three distinct design themes and a wide range of options, accessories and colour choice.

The Evoque has this month also been recognised by a number of external industry bodies in the UK including Euro NCAP, who awarded a 5* safety rating and Glass's and CAP Monitor who have predicted outstanding residual values. The Vehicle Certification Agency has also awarded the Evoque LCA certification for the comprehensive lifecycle analysis study carried out by Land Rover's environment and sustainability team.

MrDave

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E39
They look pretty good to be honest, inoffensive too as you wont really notice it beside a freelander and definately not as tacky as a RR Sport.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
OH GOOD GOD, bring on the haters........! Paul is going to love this....! lol....

Can't wait for mine to arrive....!!!!

Lol, if I recall correctly from the first thread on this car you were top of the hate list to start with :p

But a nice handbag designed by a footballer's wag and ex-girl band star would suit you nicely 8-|

I actually secretly love these cars :innocent:

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
Not as tacky as a RR Sport mr dave :eek:

My day just took a tumble with this news :sob:

Im off to buy some orange UGG boots to cheer myself up

tbdevpaul

RMS Regular
Drives
Hundeye
Back handers where paid from vicky beckham for her cutesie soft roader to the voters LOL

dbs21

RMS Member
Used to like these, but the more i look at them the more i dislike them and they have really started to look ugly in anything but 3 door dynamic mode.
Lovely interior though.
SJ davidsons in Dungannon have i think 4 on order for Jan Delivery if anoyone wants one.

big cyril

RMS Regular
They're smaller and less bling on the road than I expected, quite nice actually altho' there's a hint of Allegro about the rear.

Taz007

RMS Regular
Drives
E92
ive seen 2 of these on the road recently and they are a nice motor.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Ive seen hundreds of these now and the 5 door have really grown on me, I really quite like it now.

Still not a fan of the 3 door though (n).

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Was in on Thur looking at a few on Boucher Rd, i really like them, think the 3 door is awesome looking. I too was suprised by how small it is, just thought it would have been bigger, but suppose its more useable for it. Love the interior too, only thing that lets it down is the shiny scratchy black plastic cover on the drinks holder, you'd constantly be wiping it to keep the dust & finger prints off it, wouldn't have cost that much to use one like in the RR Sport... Still, if i had the means to buy one id be sorely tempted, lot of car for the money, and would look even better with a few downhill bikes strapped to the back of it... :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.