Range Rover keyless theft

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
We use proximity access cards in work, they are contactless similar to your debit/credit card. I placed mine inside one of those foil pouches that are supposed to protect you from fraud, it still worked. Ergo, the pouches are pretty rubbish. I imagine the pouches for keys aren't much better.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
We use proximity access cards in work, they are contactless similar to your debit/credit card. I placed mine inside one of those foil pouches that are supposed to protect you from fraud, it still worked. Ergo, the pouches are pretty rubbish. I imagine the pouches for keys aren't much better.

They're not. And the ones that do work degrade over time.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
My Defender RFID pouch successfully blocks all key fob signals.

Now see yourself out...

Lay down that challenge to the thieves.....I'm sure car manufacturers thought all this keyless **** was a great idea and worked in terms of security too.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I keep the Mercedes keys in a Faraday bag when in the house, I've stood beside the car holding the pouch to the window with the key inside and the car would not unlock. I think mine is branded Project Blackout.

As for the keyless access cards I've a few for work etc and put my bank cards into RFID blocking card pouches the police were giving out at a crime prevention thing one day. I didn't realise that my door access cards ended up between them in my wallet and it took me a min or two to work out why they (the door cards) stopped working. I'm gonna guess that as with all things they vary in quality.