Rangie

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
Drives
Many Things.
Hello all.

So after a wasted trip to buy a Amazon in London, I decided that I would have a nosey at home and found this outside Armagh. It's a 03 3.0TD Vogue with the Colour Combo I wanted and is in really good condition. Interior is immaculate and everything works well thankfully. The outside is very good aswell, with only a slight blister on the top part of the tailgate and a small spot of rust on the edge of the rear passengers door. It has 4 New Pirelli's Arctics fitted and it drives like new.

So all in all, I am very happy with the purchase. Plans are to get the aforementioned issues sorted, give it a proper service and checkover, clean the life out of it and fit a nice set of 20's and genuine LR Sidesteps to aid access (I'm a short wee ****) and drive it. Here are a few pics of it after getting it home.

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Can see you and Claire swanning around in that rightly J ! Looks great 👍

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
Can see you and Claire swanning around in that rightly J ! Looks great 👍

Thanks Chris. I have a sneaking suspicion that she will be in more that I will. She loves the height and it's handy for loading up with gear to take to matches.

I think Mr Brand will approve...

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That's you a convert for life now. I loved my battered old TD6 and can't imagine not having a range rover now. There is just nothing else that drives like them and despite their little niggles I sold that black one with 264k and going like a clock.

FB_IMG_1549203236099.jpg

It's replacement is even more wafty again. TDV8 this time, fuel economy is diabolical but completely worth it lol

PSX_20190601_194123.jpg

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
That's you a convert for life now. I loved my battered old TD6 and can't imagine not having a range rover now. There is just nothing else that drives like them and despite their little niggles I sold that black one with 264k and going like a clock.

View attachment 238416

It's replacement is even more wafty again. TDV8 this time, fuel economy is diabolical but completely worth it lol

View attachment 238417

I think you could be right. They are effortless to drive and so far it's one of the most comfortable wagons I have ever owned. I have the old Shogun Sport to work with me today to grab a trailer and it's just horrible in comparison.

Love your new one Pete, they look great in Silver!

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Thats fantastic looking really love that shape of Range Rover and would love to own one, just don't have the balls 😂

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
We bought a lot of stuff from a auction from a company that closed down a few years back and I remembered there was a few sets of RR wheels in there and I found the set I wanted, the 20" Supercharged Wheels AFAIK. They are away for a refurb and should be back by the weekend.

20 Rangie Wheels.jpg

So the bits have been arriving and are as follows:

Genuine RR Mats
Genuine RR Mudflaps
Genuine RR Sidesteps
Genuine Taillights
Supercharged Side Vents

Hope to get started on it next week...

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I can’t stop looking at these lately. Such good value for money. Would need to be the 4.4 V8 though so I’ll probably have to go across the water too.

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
I can’t stop looking at these lately. Such good value for money. Would need to be the 4.4 V8 though so I’ll probably have to go across the water too.

They seem to be but time will tell how good or bad it actually is! So far though I am positive and I really do like it (y)

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
So I eventually got this back from the bodyshop on Saturday and I have to say, the guy has made a great job of it. Just have new belts to fit and service the diffs and gearbox and it will be ready to get a proper clean up and that will be it ready for the road.

Got the wheels refurbed aswell and they are like new and the new badges and wheel nuts will help...
Rangie 20.jpg

Mr.Mint

RMS Regular
OP
Mr.Mint
Drives
Many Things.
Ready for the road (y)

So after a long wait and after doing absolutely everything I wanted to do to it, it's good to go. Full Service incl all Filters, Gearbox Service with Genuine Filter, Diff Service, Complete Rear Brakes, Calipers, Shocks, etc and a few cosmetic additions, namely the Side Steps & Wheels I am happy.

I stripped out all the arch liners, plastic sill trims, bumpers and went mad with a steam hose. Left the underside as clean as possible and then applied wax-oyl liberally to everywhere I could see. It was still dripping a few weeks later, but I know that it should be protected for years. I then got Leather Fix Solutions to re-dye the front seats and he did a great job of them. Gave the inside a really good clean and fitted new Genuine Mats.

Where the outside is concerned, all I can say is was that I spent a lot of time cleaning and washing it properly to get the crap out of the shuts, trims, etc. Then the cleaning process begun and it took a considerable period of time to get the paint and trims to a level I was happy with. When it was at the bodyshop I got the top part of the tailgate done to fix a dent, the 2 rear quarters & the front bumper painted, but thankfully everything else was ok.

So after spending a lot more that I anticipated it's finished and I have to admit I am happy with the outcome. It's all the wee details that make the difference like the taillights, side grills, door handles and the new badges that just freshen it up so much...
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
5.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

The Side steps are horrendously shiny at the moment, but will dull to a sheen when it gets its 1st wash (y)

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Best colour combo too. That looks great, well done on the turnaround.

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
Used to have an LPG'd 4.4 V8 one of these in the same colour scheme, wheels, etc. Great car, but the LPG made it run hot and head-gasket eventually went.

The ultimate car for over the winter

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
That is just lovely.

Secretly would love a big motor as a daily like this but have the pure fear of them lol

Deleted member 13907

D
Great to see something like this being returned to its former glory. So many of these are just run into the ground, which is a shame as they’re probably one of the nicest things on the road to drive.