Rate your Products.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
Ok , so will see how this goes. Rate the "detailing" products you have , with scores out of 10 and a quick reason why. With everyone's idea of cleaning their car , how often , how well , how dirty it is in the first place etc being different it's difficult to recommend certain products but we'll give it a go and see.
Add full name so product will show up in searches.

20160823_200437.jpg

Orchard Tar Cleanse.
Ease of use - 9. Spray on , leave a few mins , powerhose off. Used it on my white Leon before anyone had used any products ( going by how it looked) and didn't need to touch the car , just hosed off.
Value for money - 9 , worth it as it was easy to use and bottle should last.
20160823_200443.jpg

Orchard Glitz "High Gloss" Tyre dressing.
Don't like this at all , goes on like water and dries up. Tried multiple coats for glossy (as per instructions) with average success.
Ease of use - 4. Having to reapply to get glossy isn't my idea of easy.
Value for money - 4. Though the bottle seems to be lasting but it may be as i don't use it much.
Durability - 5. Hard to tell as i don't pay too much attention , use it more as a quick fix.

20160823_200450.jpg

Meguiars Gold Class Endurance Tyre Gel.
Love this. Goes on quite thick and glossy.
Ease of use - 8. One coat does the job. Ok , applying tyre dressing is never "easy" but if it goes on in one you can't ask much more.
Value for money - 9 Bottle seems to last ages.
Durability - 8. Tough one to decide , lasts well but if you load up too much you get it slung up the side of the car. Its a fine ballance.
20160823_200506.jpg
Angelwax Absolution. Upholstery Cleaner.
@Davey@Procar sold me this to remove a stain from the roofliner in the Leon. Worked like magic !
Ease of use - 10. Spray on , wipe with damp cloth.
Value for money - 9. I couldn't believe how well it worked so i think it was worth it even for one use.

20160823_200501.jpg

Angelwax QED Quick Detailer.
Pretty average, not a fan. Will just rate this 5 all round. Wouldn't buy again.

20160823_200511.jpg
Poorboys World Black Hole , Show Glaze.
Like this for "filling" swirls. After removing bird poo , or any fine scratch marks from a dirty cloth or something. (Also available for light colours)
Ease of use - 8. Really easy on/off but will mark rubbers and plastics so looses points for that.
Value for money -8. Should last a while and a little product goes a long way.
Durability - 7. Lasts ok but i usually wax over it so is hard to say.
20160823_200542.jpg
Britemax Iron Max , iron fallout remover.
This is the type of stuff that turns purple. Works really well for cleaning wheels.
Ease of use- 10. (In my experience only) Spray on , dwell , hose off. Now my wheels were waxed when new so are easy cleaned and are rearly dirty so only surface dust on there anyway.
Value for money - 2. A bit harsh of me ? Well i seem to use loads to cover my relatively simple wheel so I'd hate to have multispokes to deal with. Really only imagine someone that never washes their car to benefit from using this every 2 months and 1 bottle lasting a year.
20160823_200701.jpg

Sonax Xtreme Quick Detailer.
I'm new to this and love it. After washing i spray on while car is still wet and wipe off and dry at same time. Smells nice and gives almost a wax coating. Beads great when rained on.
Ease of use - 9. My meathod is easy. Not sure how it would work on a dry car but imagine it would be fine.
Value for money - 10. Cheap , and i mean cheap ! Bottle is massive too.
Durability - 8. Seems to bead really well. I use it after every wash so can't tell how long it stays on for.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Very handy reviews there, good work mate. :grinning:

That fallout remover is pricey for a 500ML bottle. Our best selling detailing product is a similar product called PurpleRain and its £10 for the same amount, or £18 for 1L. Brilliant product too.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Naviwax ion-Coat Wax.
Absolutely love this stuff. Beading is unreal.
Ease of use - 10. Slap it on and wipe off easily. Goes on everything , bodywork , glass , rubbers , plastics, wheels , metals , chrome , lights.
Value for money - 5. My problem is that the tin is massive and it and it'll last ages. Catch 22 , will last ages so worth the money ? I'd prefer half the price in a half sized tin.
Durability - 9. Beading lasts very.long in my experience.
20160823_213220.jpg

Autosol Metal Polish.
Seems to be the best out there.
Ease of use - 6. Takes a bit of work but works well.
Value for money - 8. Little goes a long way and worth it for the end results.
20160823_200753.jpg

Zanio Leather in A Bottle. Leather care.
Works well , smells nice. Leaves car with new leather smell.
Ease of use - 7. It's quite runny so need to be careful it doesn't go everywhere. My seats are half Alcantera so need to take extra care.
Value for money - 6. Same as most things , it's not an every day use so will last ages but I'd rather it be cheaper in a smaller bottle.
Durability - 7. The smell lasts quite a while. Seems to keep leather looking fresh but my car doesn't get much wear.
20160823_200521.jpg

Glimmerman Tutti-frutty Snowfoam , & Superior Shampoo & Wax.
I use both via a lance on the powerhose. Both work great , good value as they dilute and last ages. 8. Overall score.
20160823_200836.jpg

Rinse aid.
UltraGloss.- 5. Sorry , not fussed on this. Think because it's diluted doesn't do much for me.
DemonShine.- 6. Not bad. Smells nice and works well but durability isn't great. No dilution needed.
Gyeon Wet Coat.- 8. (Don't have bottle it came in)
Really good. But needs done a panel at a time. I already heard this but thought I'd be a smartass and ignore the warning. Big mistake , streaks everywhere. Follow instructions and it's great. Still repells water after a month with no other products (have been doing a durability test on the van)
20160823_200818.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Very handy reviews there, good work mate. :grinning:

That fallout remover is pricey for a 500ML bottle. Our best selling detailing product is a similar product called PurpleRain and its £10 for the same amount, or £18 for 1L. Brilliant product too.
In fainess most of the stuff is from Procar and he usually does a deal on prices.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Procar has a fantastic range of stuff and I have heard that he looks after his customers in terms of prices. :grinning:

I note your comment on the size of the Naviwax tin, we now do the half size tin of the Ultimate which has been selling well. :grinning:
It'll be years before i need a new tin ! Pity.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
@CharlySkunkWeed - was interested to read your thoughts on your glimmerman snowfoam, I got a sample of it and tested it against @Big Pimp snowfoam. I found the dilute wasn't as good or the dwell time. On a pre clean the Anachem did have an edge with the removal of loose dirt. My mate did think it gave his car a bit more of a shine though.

Both cars are red Leon's and previously waxed the same way at the time to make it as fair as we could.

Love the thread and will stick my products up tomorrow.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
@CharlySkunkWeed - was interested to read your thoughts on your glimmerman snowfoam, I got a sample of it and tested it against @Big Pimp snowfoam. I found the dilute wasn't as good or the dwell time. On a pre clean the Anachem did have an edge with the removal of loose dirt. My mate did think it gave his car a bit more of a shine though.

Both cars are red Leon's and previously waxed the same way at the time to make it as fair as we could.

I didn't go into depth with those as i have nothing to compare them too. I'd go as far to say i don't even think I've opened the Tutti-Frutti , I'm on my last few uses of Anachem Snow foam (I'll confirm tomorow) that i got free when there was a faulty batch. Will see if i notice a difference but my car is rarely dirty enough to tell. Though it got bug splattered lastnight so might open the new one and test it on Friday/Sat.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I'm interested in reading reviews - both good, and bad. How else can I try to stay at the top of my game without knowing what people think.

From my perspective, I obviously use my own products for all cleaning.

Before I launched my range, I bought everything else out there and sampled and tested them to know what to benchmark against, so know where they place on a technical level.

Other than my own range, the products I really rate are poor boys black hole as a filler / polish, and bilt hamber double wax. Unbelievably easy to use and great durability. Collonite 476 is a great tried and tested wax with durability like nothing else, but for ease of use, the bilt hamber just pips it.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
@Big Pimp, UltraGloss is yours isn't it ? I've heard all good things about it on here but i just don't see it. Did i dilute it wrong do u think ? I got it the time of the bad snowfoam batch i think as part of the goodwill pack , 1L bottle. I followed instructions but after first use tried better ratios with no success. Have it all mixed now so not much help to me but may help others (y)

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
UltraGloss mixed as per instructions (actually by @big_pete) and applied to a car with zero protection:

Bilt hamber double wax in action:

Oh, and excuse the music...... But Clearview is an exceptional glass cleaner. Hands down the best I've ever tried. I know, because I know what I found the previous best to be, and got our chemists to improve on it ;)

Last edited:

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
@Big Pimp, UltraGloss is yours isn't it ? I've heard all good things about it on here but i just don't see it. Did i dilute it wrong do u think ? I got it the time of the bad snowfoam batch i think as part of the goodwill pack , 1L bottle. I followed instructions but after first use tried better ratios with no success. Have it all mixed now so not much help to me but may help others (y)

How much dwell time do you give it? I find a few minutes helps. Its just so convenient and the results are usually great. I might do something more in depth tomorrow.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
How much dwell time do you give it? I find a few minutes helps. Its just so convenient and the results are usually great. I might do something more in depth tomorrow.
Not long , i go round the whole car and then hose off once i get to where i started.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
UltraGloss mixed as per instructions (actually by @big_pete) and applied to a car with zero protection:

Bilt hamber double wax in action:

Oh, and excuse the music...... But Clearview is an exceptional glass cleaner. Hands down the best I've ever tried. I know, because I know what I found the previous best to be, and got our chemists to improve on it ;)

Mine has never acted like that. It's what the other two products do so i knew what to expect so can't understand why it didn't work for me.
The joys of reviews eh !

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I have Sonax too and it beads so well. Interesting way to apply it. Must try that way next time.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed

Well it turns out I haven't tried the Glimmerman Foam yet , but still rate the shampoo & wax.
I've been using Anachem Ultra Foam which is good.
Will rate it 8.
20160825_183322.jpg

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Just to update, i went to use my Orchard Tar Clense last weekend which was my second time of using it. I had used it when i bought the white Leon so used alot and it did a great job.
Unfortunately last week i went to use it the trigger kept clogging up. I then realised it's turned to gloop in the bottle. In fairness it has been sitting for 2 years ! I shook it up last week and just checked it there before posting it seems to have returned to liquid but still worth knowing.
I would still recommended it though. My bro got some a while ago , I'll ask him to check his.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Got some Sonax tyre gel to try , looks good on application and as usual , i test on the van as it gets good use and i'll see how long it lasts. I'll leave it a week (or so) then rate it.
20160905_192727.jpg
20160905_192740.jpg

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
I've always applied BSD to the car completely dry. I just spray the complete side, then wipe down with a mircofibre. I use it after ever wash.