Rate your Products.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I thought the same, hated the smell too, very ammonia based...... but tried it again using less product and was pretty pleased with how it cut through and removed the grime both inside and outside..... smell apart it’s decent!
Tell you what bud, try white vinegar and water! Honestly I was amazed, windows have never been so clean

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I've got one of detailed online one it's a step up from my old auto brite one
They have no stock atm but was around 20 quid with discount iirc
sketch-1574941140215_1_1024x1024_ca16d3a4-b184-45f0-bbfc-96c435743456_1024x1024.png

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Guys out of interest ,if covering an average sized car in foam,how much should it use out of a full bottle .would it take almost a full bottle or should it only use like 1/4 or 1/3 of it .i cannot for the life of me get it to be a thick foam ,it’s far to watery and it’s not the foam amount I put in bottle .i had ordered a new internal screw bit which was a smaller in diameter but the actual screw was far to small a thread to fit my bottle .

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Guys out of interest ,if covering an average sized car in foam,how much should it use out of a full bottle .would it take almost a full bottle or should it only use like 1/4 or 1/3 of it .i cannot for the life of me get it to be a thick foam ,it’s far to watery and it’s not the foam amount I put in bottle .i had ordered a new internal screw bit which was a smaller in diameter but the actual screw was far to small a thread to fit my bottle .

I have the Dr Dirt bottle at the minute which holds 0.8L and would go through it all. That includes wheels and a good going round the wheel arches too.

What snow foam are you using?

MarkM

RMS Regular
Using and ultrabrite Lance and ultrafoam I get 3 washes from one 1L bottle (4 cap fulls) , just no point in piling it on there to drip off onto the ground! Good covering and stop!

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Yea just looks nice n neat i suppose

Bottle is handier to use don't have to fuss with the lid compare to others with them having all the weight in one end, nicer unit imo.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos

Can be the power of the washer too

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
]
@Big Pimp when will yours be available and what sort of ££

im expecting delivery in 3 - 4 weeks tops. Price will be in and around the £20 mark for RMSers
Bottle is handier to use don't have to fuss with the lid compare to others with them having all the weight in one end, nicer unit imo.
i had the choice of these ones too, but the factory I’m getting mine from make lances with the turquoise heads for another very well known detailing company, and they suggested I stick with the traditional style ones even though they offered me both

i do get the new fatter ones though giving less chance of falling over, but I could count on one hand how many times I’ve ever dropped or knocked mine over

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I've never knocked it over, but always found it a pain to get the threads on the autobrite with it being top heavy so to say.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796

Think I get two go rounds on the e36 from a litre with about 100ml of foam, or one go at the rs6 due to it being huge

The only foam I've ever had that was thick as such was magifoam, but tbh I don't think it needs to be stupid thick, depending on the sealants it might just run off handier

Had foam sheet off my A3 before when it got waxed on a weekly basis 🙈

Might be the mesh filter inside the Lance has clogged up?

MarkM

RMS Regular
Think I get two go rounds on the e36 from a litre with about 100ml of foam, or one go at the rs6 due to it being huge

The only foam I've ever had that was thick as such was magifoam, but tbh I don't think it needs to be stupid thick, depending on the sealants it might just run off handier

Had foam sheet off my A3 before when it got waxed on a weekly basis 🙈

Might be the mesh filter inside the Lance has clogged up?

100ml of foam to a litre is way too much surely? I use 4 small cap fills and it’s thick and clings
I need to take the gauze filter out and steep I’m in limes ale remover once a year, it’s like a new Lance after!

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Depends on the power washer my flow rate and all I've probably about 300ml if not more. I got a tap on the drum to have some idea, but with the amount of product on the car it never sticks, will be trying a few different companies see if I can get something more suited.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
100ml of foam to a litre is way too much surely? I use 4 small cap fills and it’s thick and clings
I need to take the gauze filter out and steep I’m in limes ale remover once a year, it’s like a new Lance after!

Not sure exactly, but I think it's about 100ml, could be less tbh will double check today as I'll be giving it a going over.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I have the Dr Dirt bottle at the minute which holds 0.8L and would go through it all. That includes wheels and a good going round the wheel arches too.

What snow foam are you using?
I dare not say the brand on here or I would get torn to pieces and fed to the dogs later:
No it’s not the brand,it’s defo an issue with either water pressure ,flow rate from the nozzle inside bottle or whatever .

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I dare not say the brand on here or I would get torn to pieces and fed to the dogs later:
No it’s not the brand,it’s defo an issue with either water pressure ,flow rate from the nozzle inside bottle or whatever .
i'll be gentle with you sweet pea, xx :laughing:

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Got this Purestar towel on Clean Your Car for £13, the best towel I’ve ever seen nevemind used. One pass and the panel is bone dry.

DE76572B-D962-4D0C-ABD4-8DF6802BCE34.jpeg

Also got gtechniq c2v3 and used it for the first time, seriously impressed!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Poorboys Natural look dressing. Never heard of this but @Mel bought me it for my birthday. Give it its 1st use today, called to my mums to give her car a once over seeing it's been neglected over lockdown.
Seems to work pretty well. I'll not do the usual ratings as I didn't buy it, and I'm not sure how long it'll last.
I will say however , it went on easily, results were good and very little was needed so plus points for that.
Screenshot_20200525-144004_Chrome.jpg
20200525_132943.jpg
20200525_132952.jpg

20200525_134155.jpg