Rate your Products.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
No real details to rate it but just a update, been using turtle wax hybrid dry and shine for a few months. hydrophobic properties are unbelievable soon as it comes in contact its sheeting the water. Time frame I'd notice the sheeting abilities loosing over time about a month plus ish. If you can get it on bulk or discount from turtle themselves it's a decent add on imo. I use it as a drying aid and hybrid after each wash so it's just another stage at the wash for me. Bottle was something like 5/6 quid for 750ml. Think you can buy bulk for the same, direct. Bottle I've got about 10 to 12 goes over the car and I'm probably liberal with it 😂

IMG_20200717_174407.jpg

Screenshot_20200718_121749.jpg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
No real details to rate it but just a update, been using turtle wax hybrid dry and shine for a few months. hydrophobic properties are unbelievable soon as it comes in contact its sheeting the water. Time frame I'd notice the sheeting abilities loosing over time about a month plus ish. If you can get it on bulk or discount from turtle themselves it's a decent add on imo. I use it as a drying aid and hybrid after each wash so it's just another stage at the wash for me. Bottle was something like 5/6 quid for 750ml. Think you can buy bulk for the same, direct. Bottle I've got about 10 to 12 goes over the car and I'm probably liberal with it 😂

View attachment 287740

View attachment 287741
The black bottle is even better. Think its £8 in Halfords at the minute, or as I found out £9 with the trade card😂

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
The black bottle is even better. Think its £8 in Halfords at the minute, or as I found out £9 with the trade card😂

Trying to use what I have 😂 following turtlewaxeurope on ebay is a bad idea works out at 6.60 each or less if you group brought with another person.
Screenshot_20200718_134730_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Walder

RMS Regular
Which would say is best? I have bilt double speed wax just reading about finis it should provide a deeper shine. How does it last in terms of durability as I find double speed last easily in excess of 2 months for me.

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I bought a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Snow foam last week and it's the first chance I've had to try it.
First problem was that it doesn't like the cold. I wouldn't say it's really cold at the minute but it turned into a jelly that I had to run under a hot tap for 10 minutes before it became liquid again.
Mix ratio is 1:5 so it can be quite an expensive wash; at that dilution ratio, I'd get 8 washes out of it.
Quite thick and does cling well but doesn't seem to lift much.
Smells awesome!
IMG_20201002_090406.jpg
IMG_20201002_093415.jpg
IMG_20201002_093424.jpg

Ease of use 5/10 due to jelly-ing
Effectiveness 6/10 no better or worse than anything else I've used.
Cost 2/10

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
I bought a bottle of Meguiars Ultimate Snow foam last week and it's the first chance I've had to try it.
First problem was that it doesn't like the cold. I wouldn't say it's really cold at the minute but it turned into a jelly that I had to run under a hot tap for 10 minutes before it became liquid again.
Mix ratio is 1:5 so it can be quite an expensive wash; at that dilution ratio, I'd get 8 washes out of it.
Quite thick and does cling well but doesn't seem to lift much.
Smells awesome! View attachment 297417View attachment 297418View attachment 297419
Ease of use 5/10 due to jelly-ing
Effectiveness 6/10 no better or worse than anything else I've used.
Cost 2/10
Flip that's strange, like how many people keep their stuff in cold garages or sheds !

I've a new quick detailer sample to test out. From a new company and he said to let him know what I think. Has come percentage of ceramic in it but I think as soon as I hear that it's just a buzzword, like does anyone remember when everything had carnuba in it ? Seems now everything has ceramic in it, shampoo, foam, quick detailer.
Also have never been a fan of QDs , always feel like I'm doing more harm than good.
As I had no car I used it on a set of wheels I'm selling. It seemed pretty good. Smells of aftershave/shower gel or something.
Now I've a car I'll give it a go and see how it goes and report back (to him and on here)

purplea4T

RMS Regular
It's not the first time I've heard of the issue, but it's a pain in the arse and shows product development isn't as stringent as it could be. It was close to the consistency and thickness of vaseline!
I quite like a quick detailer but I'd really only use it as a drying aid, but yeah, 2019 and 2020 have been the everything ceramic years!

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
It's not the first time I've heard of the issue, but it's a pain in the arse and shows product development isn't as stringent as it could be. It was close to the consistency and thickness of vaseline!
I quite like a quick detailer but I'd really only use it as a drying aid, but yeah, 2019 and 2020 have been the everything ceramic years!
Yeah I'm the same with drying aid. He sent me the blurb on it but I haven't read it yet. I'll use it as instructions on the car and see what happens

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Any one tried the new graphene coatings, seems to be taken over in the states, youtube and all just got flooding with stuff about it, is it all hype or can we go back to wax yet 😂

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Any one tried the new graphene coatings, seems to be taken over in the states, youtube and all just got flooding with stuff about it, is it all hype or can we go back to wax yet 😂

Chicago Auto Pros have just done a very good video of graphene vs ceramic coatings. Not the buzz word products, but the actual proper coatings at professional level. What I deduced from the whole this was that with the extra expense that graphene has over ceramic, the benefits don't warrant the costs.

I imagine you will see the word 'Graphene' thrown about like the word 'Ceramic' is currently. It's all b/s, ceramic soap, ceramic foam, ceramic spray, ceramic wax etc etc. The industry thrives on buzz words and that's what the majority of the consumer market wants.

Most weekend detailers, from what I have seen, offer services with a 3 month ceramic wax or ceramic sealant. Customer then believes they have a true ceramic coating on their car and the 'detailer' heads off to his next job with a few extra quid in his pocket

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
It's seems to have gone for most of it that the science can't change that much for the products. I've thought that for a while where as it now just boils down to marketing and as you said buzzwords. If you can drum up enough hype you'll sell, even though in therory the chemistry is the same just my opinion or I could be totally wrong and know nothing.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
nano was the key word for a while.

and as for all the ceramics..... well, I'll say nothing except for the fact that most of it is BS and pure marketing ploys

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
There seems to be a different chemistry between graphene and ceramic coatings, but for vehicle application, when compared with GTechniq CSL neither outperformed the other after some severe chemical testing.

Here's the vid if interested,

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Gtechniq have done a lot of in-house development with it and let's just say graphine won't do any favours long term

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
303 have dropped theirs, says it can be applied in direct sunlight no curing time etc. I'm only reading it as I type this so will see but seems to be the latest hype for detailing.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Gtechniq have done a lot of in-house development with it and let's just say graphine won't do any favours long term

Anything you are able to share?

In the comparison above, it was believed that the graphene test panel would have a lower surface temp than the CSL side, but turned out to be the other way around. The graphene side also came out worse with the hard water etching test too. Didn't really look good for this 'new' product.

The reason it was tested against CSL was because there is a 'Pro' grade graphene coating expected, but its comparison would be Crystal Serum Ultra

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The bonding agents soften the paint so overtime paint will sink and it will leave horrendous orange peel. The cheap Asian ceramic coatings do the same thing as they use a horrible solvent bonding agent.

It is going to be the next fad and in time they will become viable once the big names crack how to do it, it's just not there yet.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Ok folks I need a good citrus pre cleaner as I have never declogged the coating on the car since I got it done. What’s the recommendation?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
KKD Citrus Magic is the benchmark IMO. Great product.
heres the issue.

I think mine is too strong! 25ml in a 750ml trigger sprayer is blitzing everything it has came in contact with, but I'm worried about people not using it properly.

Someone who uses KKD I'd love to see what they think of mine.

Walder

RMS Regular
heres the issue.

I think mine is too strong! 25ml in a 750ml trigger sprayer is blitzing everything it has came in contact with, but I'm worried about people not using it properly.

Someone who uses KKD I'd love to see what they think of mine.

You sent a sample with my order. Is that wee bottle enough for a 2l sprayer or what is the dilution rate?

Just before I melt the car!!!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
You sent a sample with my order. Is that wee bottle enough for a 2l sprayer or what is the dilution rate?

Just before I melt the car!!!
Yeah, didn’t you get one of the wee 50ml sample bottles?

I tried initially 50ml into a 750ml trigger spray bottle which gave me an equivalent 15:1 dilution which was too strong IMO

halved it to 30:1 mix and it worked every bit as well safely and I feel I could further dilute it.

the 50ml sample into a 2lt pimp sprayer would give an equivalent 40:1 mix which in my opinion would be perfect.
Perhaps @big_pete can share his (similar) testing experience and thoughts?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I would agree. This is the most effective citrus degreaser I have used by quite some stretch. BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL

Do not apply to hot surfaces
Do not apply and dwell in direct sunlight
Do not allow to dry