Rate your Products.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Yeah i use it after washing car but while it's wet (garden hose sheeted over), not so much panel at a time , more like top/side/other side/front end then back. Ring out cloth every so often then buff at the end though it's not usually needed.

And yes, tyre gel sling may be due to my application but it was a new applicator pad and kinda rubbed excess off with the dry side ?

Last edited:

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Dilute BSD, makes it much easier to use.

Tyre sling is also usually down to poor application, remove any excess and it shouldn't be a problem :grinning:
What tyre dressing do you use Pete?

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I use Auto Finesse Satin which IMO, from what I have used in the past, is fantastic - leaves a great finish on the tyre, not glossy or shiney looking

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I use Auto Finesse Satin which IMO, from what I have used in the past, is fantastic - leaves a great finish on the tyre, not glossy or shiney looking

Just a shame it only lasts a day.

Glimmerman Tutti Fruiti
Ease of use - 6 - same as any other snow foam
Value for money - 2 - used exactly as per instructions and then again a little stronger, it maybe gets it's good reviews from those who have well waxed and relatively clean cars cos I thought it was useless, just fell off the car and didn't touch the dirt at all.

Anachem Ultra Foam
Ease of use - 6 - same as any other snow foam
Value for money - 10 - initially used exactly as per instructions but I tend to use it a little stronger, without wanting to blow smoke up @Big Pimp ar*e this is my single favourite car care product, I've seen it shift some seriously nasty crud, flies, bugs, brake dust, etc on a car that doesn't get pampered.

Anachem Articulate
Ease of use - 6 - only giving a 6 because it doesn't come in a bottle ready to spray, needs diluted, but that leads to the next score
Value for money - 10 - much the same as the snow foam, I use it at a lower ratio than the instructions say to, but at the price, I genuinely fail to see why anyone would spend more on lesser products just because of branding or sales pitch.

Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel
Ease of use - 7 - typical tyre gel, requires working with the sponge or applicator to get into ribs and lettering
Value for money - 8 - I can't remember what I paid, but it lasted body years, so for that alone it has to have been worth the money.

Autofinesse Satin
Ease of use - 7 - typical tyre gel, requires working with the sponge or applicator to get into ribs and lettering
Value for money - 5 - i bought as part of the show deal at dubshed, I find their price/quantity ratio is a joke, but that's business and fair play to them, they've nailed the branding and the smell of their products too.
I love the finish, but I am yet to have it last as long as the Meguiars or the Anachem tester pot (that I need more of)

Anachem tyre shine
Ease of use - 9 - applied with a brush, I like how it bleeds into the grooves and lettering with almost zero effort
Value for money - 8 - typically with Anachem, imo it's fantastic, lasts longer than the autofinesse and unlike the meguiars after a quick wash/rinse the tyres don't need re application unless you want a glossy finish

I'll do more when I can actually look at my stuff to confirm names, etc

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
@PeteMoore yeah it doesn't last but I don't mind topping it up daily or every couple of days

I'm lazy. My car doesn't get pampered, but I want to spend as little time as possible and achieve the best result possible for the given time/expense.

You won't catch me topping up my tyre gel, cos a mile out the road the cow sh*te will be all up the side of the car anyway.

I do like it to be sitting clean, but I'm no detailer, so I'm generally washing a poorly polished, rarely waxed, completely stinking car with heavy heavy brake dust and baked on bugs.
I think a lot of the products do get their great reviews from being used and tested on cars that are very well kept in terms of paint finish. I don't see how those reviews are a fair test of a products ability, more a display of how good the wax is that was applied during the previous clean.

Last edited:

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Yeah @PeteMoore , my car is usually pretty clean anyway which is why i can't rate the likes of wheel cleaner etc. Yes it cleans well but it would do as there's not much dust on there and they're well waxed !

That's why i think this thread will help , as long as people actually describe their experiences using the name of product and a rating people can search for it before buying.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Got some Sonax tyre gel to try , looks good on application and as usual , i test on the van as it gets good use and i'll see how long it lasts. I'll leave it a week (or so) then rate it.
View attachment 124441 View attachment 124442
One week on. Though it got washed while in getting work done.
20160910_154734.jpg

Michael M

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golfs
I'm using Autofinesse Satin but will probably go back to Megs once I run out. It's hard to beat their Endurance applied correctly!

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70
Great thread!

I'm on the market looking to try few new lines after my Autosmart range running low, even thou I think most of it is great and would buy again I wana try something new.

I thought the Autosmart range pretty decent except the shampoo, it is terrible.

Had Autobrite magifoam which was good, when that ended I ran to halfords on Sunday knowing I'm for buying crap over priced snowfoam. Bought that demon wash "snow foam" ...by far was the worst product I've ever used!

Looking forward to trying some of @Big Pimp products after the good reports on the forum (y)

Fingers crossed lol

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Gtechniq G Wash is a great shampoo. Not overly foamy, but that's entirely a marketing gimmick in shampoo. It is ultra slick, the mitt really glides with it, which is exactly what a shampoo should do. It's pretty cheap too.

I might hold an RMS how to prep your car for winter evening at the workshop if anyone is interested?

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
Def be interested in that Pete as mines coming off the road soon and ill have to keep on top of cleaning it as it will be sitting outside for the winter

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Been using G Wash for the last while aswell. Don't think I'll be changing it anytime soon.

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
Meguairs 105
Always impresses me this polish. Only downside is, is that it can dry out too quick before it's worked down.
Short video of the results I got today with it.

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Auto Finesse Caramics Wheel Protection Kit
IMG_20190420_112744_914.jpg
20190422_112010.jpg
IMG_20190422_105241_841.jpg

Comes with an alcohol spray pre cleaner, 4 large applicator "cloths" a pair of gloves and the coating itself (and a wee holographic sticker to say its been coated)
Went on easy enough. You have to provide your own microfiber cloths. I found that once the coating needed buffed off , it was quite "clingy" so loads of wee fibres came off. Took a good few turns of the cloth to get rid of them. Also it said not to exceed the cure time, but doesn't tell you a cure time ! Watched a video and he just left it a minute or 2 so that's what i did.
Other than that it seemed easy enough (obviously the hard part is cleaning the wheels in the first place)
Cost was pretty good. It supposedly lasts a year , so when u think about it , its no different to a wheel sealant except it lasts longer. Also I've loads left. I've 2 sets of wheels i want to do so bought 2 kits but will easily get the both sets done without opening the other kit.
Cost £30 but i bought 2 which got me free post and had a sale on for 20% off over £50 (and a free mini wax)
Cost 8
Ease of use 8
Durability 8. obviously I'll not know for a while but as its no harder to apply than a wheel wax or selant it can't be that bad.

gsmith

RMS Regular
Have used loads off different products from different suppliers that promise the world. Had Matt over from angelwax and I must say the products I’ve used so far have impressed me. Me and @CharlySkunkWeed have spoke about this thread a few times and always mean to post
Anyways
Angelwax qed (quick detailer)
Cost 9
Ease of use 9
Durability 8
FA6C284F-E530-499A-BB99-06E9CBA8FCCC.jpeg

gsmith

RMS Regular
Just a side note accessories should be added in? Glass microfibres the best one I’ve used to date and you won’t regreat buying one
The chemical guys waffle glass towel.
Slightly more expensive than some but that along with gtechniqs glass cleaner is a hard combo to beat.
Cost 7
Ease of use 9

CharlySkunkWeed

RMS Regular
OP
CharlySkunkWeed
Just a side note accessories should be added in? Glass microfibres the best one I’ve used to date and you won’t regreat buying one
The chemical guys waffle glass towel.
Slightly more expensive than some but that along with gtechniqs glass cleaner is a hard combo to beat.
Cost 7
Ease of use 9
I'd say anything cleaning related , yes. There's always people on asking "Whats xyz like"