Rate your Products.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
My sister plastered the side of her white s-max with tar last week (they'd been filling potholes) and I mean plastered. 10 mins with Anachem tarmenator and it was mint again. Took 2 cloths as the first one was too saturated with tar

Last edited:

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
What is everyone's go to tar remover?

Autosmart Tardis. Never let me down,

20210410_205830.jpg

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Wife doesn’t like washing the car too often so going to start doing it myself at the house and with the bugs and stuff this weather getting baked on I’m looking advice on a good prewash product.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Anachem Articulate and start with the recommended dilution ratio and take it from there. You can up it to about 1:40 I've read (I've never gone as strong as that) but don't let it dry on the panel

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Wife doesn’t like washing the car too often so going to start doing it myself at the house and with the bugs and stuff this weather getting baked on I’m looking advice on a good prewash product.

As above, I would also recommend Articulate from Anachem. 5 litres is about £19, as you dilute it that will last you ages.

jonny.92

RMS Regular
I always had great success (and still do) with Glimmerman Alloy Cleaner diluted heavily as a “bug remover” done at the advice of Davy@Procar
Same here, although I'm not mixing up 2 bottles of it in different concentrations, so everything gets the same mix :laughing:

bikeit

RMS Regular
My sister plastered the side of her white s-max with tar last week (they'd been filling potholes) and I mean plastered. 10 mins with Anachem tarmenator and it was mint again. Took 2 cloths as the first one was too saturated with tar
After using Tarminator do you need to apply new wax etc?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Yip, I would even go as far as wash it again before beginning to polish it
Yep, as Lenny says I’d recommend after using Tarminator to give it a wash down to remove all traces of it, and to give the panel a wipe with hybrid to add some protection

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I put this on my car last week. It’s so satisfying. Driving home last night at about 60mph in the rain. I didn’t have to put the wipers on. The rain just flew off.

2361B291-358A-4F1C-9C84-9BEF4DB15A4C.jpeg

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Get isopropyl alcohol and clean the blades, or vinegar will do the same. I'd say your blades need a clean.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Get isopropyl alcohol and clean the blades, or vinegar will do the same. I'd say your blades need a clean.

Though they've done it since the second I applied the duxback, car was brand new at the time of application too..

Will give the vinegar a try anyway! Cheers

seanmooney

RMS Regular
Though they've done it since the second I applied the duxback, car was brand new at the time of application too..

Will give the vinegar a try anyway! Cheers
Im the same, brand new car and i applied some sort of screen coating and the wipers have squeaked from day one ffs.

Must try vinegar on the wipers

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Angelwax Vision is a very good cleaner for glass, I've found.
Very competent glass cleaner indeed, but I hate the smell of it! Very ammonia based so cuts through brilliantly and doesn’t streak ( also very good at cutting through vape residue!)

I’m using Dark Matter glass cleaner at the moment and it’s excellent…. Paired with Stoner Invisible Glass on the windscreen, it works for me!

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Very competent glass cleaner indeed, but I hate the smell of it! Very ammonia based so cuts through brilliantly and doesn’t streak ( also very good at cutting through vape residue!)

I’m using Dark Matter glass cleaner at the moment and it’s excellent…. Paired with Stoner Invisible Glass on the windscreen, it works for me!

It's not a pleasant smell, but it sure does work. I'm a big fan of H2Go to follow up after Vision and H2Go durability is very good too for a wipe on, wipe off product, but removal can be a pain.