Rate your Products.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
What’s the current rated alloy cleaner and brush type boyo for pushing through spokes to inner rim?
Cheers

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
What’s the current rated alloy cleaner and brush type boyo for pushing through spokes to inner rim?
Cheers
Autosmart Smart Wheels (if your wheels are very dirty - can be diluted) and a wheel woollie.

Generally speaking, you'll need three products for a wheel decon. Wheel cleaner (as above), tar remover and Fallout remover.

Just a thought, If space is limited between the disc and wheel, get an EZ detail wheel brush.
Cheers.
Cooks

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
Anachem cleanse is the best wheel cleaner I’ve used in a long time. The hubs on my discs have always been grubby but they look brand new since I started using it.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Echo Anachem, and Autosmart….. but also look at Glimmerman!

Wheel Woolies are pricey but generally accepted as the best brushes available?
Totally agree. I bought a set of wheel woollies around 9 or 10 years back, and they're still in full service. The big one is getting a bit rough looking but has a good few years left in it I reckon.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Totally agree. I bought a set of wheel woollies around 9 or 10 years back, and they're still in full service. The big one is getting a bit rough looking but has a good few years left in it I reckon.
@Cookies wish they would sell just the large WW as a single replacement! Have had 2 sets, medium and small get little use but the large ones do take a LOT of abuse !!!

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
@Cookies wish they would sell just the large WW as a single replacement! Have had 2 sets, medium and small get little use but the large ones do take a LOT of abuse !!!
I think they know that, and that's why you have to buy the full set!

I think I remember @Big Pimp saying he sells the large woollies. I could very well be wrong, though.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Tried Gyeon Wetcoat today and thought it was impressive.

Didn’t spray it on, I soaked a brand new wash mit in it and done a panel at a time to ensure an even coat then rinsed off as I went. No idea about longevity but the water behaviour was nice 😊

Made using the Vertool dryer a dream too.

Reactions: Mel

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Gtechniq easy coat every one knows the price and how to get it by now so thought I'd try it on family members car. Car is normally on farm lanes and back roads, car was fully untreated before, standard decon wash and used half a bottle of it on probably didn't need to. It's not ceramic but the hydrophobic properties seem top notch. One thing I will say is hozelock fittings don't work an need to swap to the fitting that comes with it I found. Did it start of June and yes it's been decent weather I'm noticing the car not picking up as much crap off the road compared to normal. Only about 6 weeks in if I got the same again I'd be happy.
IMG_20210611_213350.jpg

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
Cheers
Buy a wheel mitt as well there good for getting the backs of the spokes.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
Buy a wheel mitt as well there good for getting the backs of the spokes.
I bought a wheel mitt from Halfords, it's basically a glove that's noodle covered on one side and net in the other. Great job for wheels as you can get in round the spokes and into corners, I still use wheel woolies as well though. I've a wheels dedicated wash bucket with a grit guard in it.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Gtechniq easy coat every one knows the price and how to get it by now so thought I'd try it on family members car. Car is normally on farm lanes and back roads, car was fully untreated before, standard decon wash and used half a bottle of it on probably didn't need to. It's not ceramic but the hydrophobic properties seem top notch. One thing I will say is hozelock fittings don't work an need to swap to the fitting that comes with it I found. Did it start of June and yes it's been decent weather I'm noticing the car not picking up as much crap off the road compared to normal. Only about 6 weeks in if I got the same again I'd be happy.
View attachment 327919
Drum roll....
So I washed again yesterday I'm 10 days off 3 months going by my washing. I've washed the car twice in that time. For water sheeting off the car I noticed very little, there was some but nothing substantial. But on the glass there was still noticeable water sheeting. I did notice a difference washing it with the foaming trying to sheet, did it make washing easier, yes. Would I use it again, yes. Ease of use is ultimately a big pro. I'd guess 2 months ish would be a good point in the protection. Others might be different with a regular wash routine. The same bottle did again so I'd guess 4 to 6 months going well for under a crisp fiver.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Bilt hamber surfex hd

Just wow, this stuff is fantastic, sooo many uses, totally narrowed my stuff down to this most of the zymol range for my cars.

I’ve tried lots of products but have to say that the zymol range is just soo good!

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Had a few new products to try today and pleasantly surprised at how they all performed.

KKD Citrus Magic
Price - £9.49 for 1ltr
Diluted 200mls into 1800mls water

This was a pleasure to use and performed extremely well. Applied all around the car then Foamed over and as you can see below, it really helped to shift the dirt off before the powerhose got near the paintwork. Would definitely recommend the product and will buy it again.

20211030_130430.jpg

20211030_104226.jpg

Garage Therapy /One:Tyre Serum
Price - £13.50 for 500mls
Use neat

This has been reviewed as a tyre 'conditioner' and apparently it gets better as you continue to use it. Application is straightforward and longevity is yet to be seen,

20211030_122041.jpg

Koch Chemie FSE
Price - £9.76
Use neat

This is a QD with limescale remover built in. Used like any other QD, 2 sprays on a panel and 1 on the mf cloth and spread, I used a 2nd cloth to buff to a streak free, glossy and very slick finish.

20211030_125804.jpg

The car was pretty dirty, but with a few simple pre-wash steps, contact wash and air dry followed by a little top up on the CarPro ceramic coating with the use of FSE, it's back to a very clean looking motor 👌🏼

20211030_125841.jpg

Enda

RMS Regular
Drives
M4
I like the look of the poka premium trolley.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Metal polish….what is the go to? Is it still autoglym?

The pipes on the cupra have never seen polish by the looks of it.

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
You tried autosol mate?

Not in a lifetime but just ordered it on amazon

@jonny_w autosol and 0000 gauge wire wool. Always works for me to shift the heavier stuff and then autosol on a cloth for the final buffing to get the mirror shine.

This exhaust was 15 years old when I did this I don't think it had ever been done before.
View attachment 344279

That looks the ticket and what I’m hoping for 😂

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
IMG_20211216_091416.jpg

Best shampoo I think I have ever used, little pricey but it's phenomenal for glossy, spot free finishes and water behaviour. Almost looks like it's creating a film as the car is washed... that's about all I can say on the matter 🤣.