Rate your Products.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
Ill construct a proper lengthy reply to this when I have the time over the weekend. As there is so much misunderstanding to what a coating does, how its maintained, how the environment the car is in, the products used on top or during washes etc and ill include a few diagrams that explain it.

If your using carnauba etc based detail sprays for example this will have a massive negative effect on water behaviour (which is what's provided by EXO, not the ceramic, ceramics sheet water) as the wax base then becomes your sacrificial layer and clogs the EXO simultaneously.

As for swirls, we will answer that too as different types of ceramic address it in a different way. They will massivley reduce the rate of defects reappearing, provided you wash the car properly. The one consistant comment we get when doing our care for your ceramic days is that those that attend realise they arent washing their car with the correct technique.

I will create a proper guide on how to wash a car. This is something we recommend everyone learns as it is the very foundation of caring for your cars cosmetic appearance.

As I say I will answer this in detail properly.

@jshek007 we can sort that next week for you :grinning:

I
Hello @big_pete. Not sure if your going to have some extra/spare time coming up, but would love to see if you could get a reply up at some stage in relation to correct cleaning & maintenance of ceramic coatings. Also interested to hear about correcting techniques for a few small swirls we have on our car (two cars coated with Gtechniq Ultra). Also keen to see what products you recommend. Cheers (y)

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Air fresheners seemed to be a huge weakness for me.
Really getting on to detailed onlines sents.
Warm cookies, kreed and black forest.
Priced at nearly 6 quid you could say it's dear but they run offers on interior for 6 bottles of products for £12 and normally run discount with free delivery.

Mad cows stuff have wowo and stroop. Wowo is unreal sweet like nearly sicken other is a dull version of warm cookies.

Still love 50 cals Christmas one, put the vents to the floor on warm and spray it will last a few days.

California sents do last the longest I think but you get used to them so quick after a week you lose the smell. They are quick dear normally running 4 to 8£ depending on where you buy them from what I see.

Time wise on any of them I've no idea I've my nose broke that many times my sense of smell is shot, other half says they last a good while.

Also how many is to many 😂
IMG_20200401_143921.jpg

Smurf.

RMS Regular
Drives
The odd time
Everything was £1 but sold out crazy quick. You had stuff in cart then by time went to pay you'd lost it. Got some stuff, can't even remember what it the commotion lol

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Yea certainly.

I think if I make a video it would be easy for you guys to follow then?

That would be great, even with the Gtechinq applied and a very careful washing technique am I still starting to see some swirling appearing on the car.

I’m not sure if it’s the type of paint on this car or the colour, or perhaps even a combination of both but it’s not something I have really had issues with on previous cars.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
That would be great, even with the Gtechinq applied and a very careful washing technique am I still starting to see some swirling appearing on the car.

I’m not sure if it’s the type of paint on this car or the colour, or perhaps even a combination of both but it’s not something I have really had issues with on previous cars.

We have filmed about half of it so far so should be up this week.

Your car it's colour, even the finest of marks just have nowhere to hide on it. The ceramics just massively slow it down. I doubt it's your wash technique as your other cars have been grand.

Hopefully this video helps

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
We have filmed about half of it so far so should be up this week.

Your car it's colour, even the finest of marks just have nowhere to hide on it. The ceramics just massively slow it down. I doubt it's your wash technique as your other cars have been grand.

Hopefully this video helps

Cheers @big_pete

Is there something that I can periodically apply to help, like a lot of people I have plenty of time on my hands at the weekend at the moment, so presuming I can get it delivered its something I can tackle at the weekend.

At the moment my process is

Articulate.
Bilt hammer snowfoam
Gleam
Auto fanatic 007 drying aid/final touch.

Cheers.

SPIKE_

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI | JCW
I have a 4ltr jar of C2V3 I don’t use if someone wants to make me an offer? :laughing: About 100ml out of it
Love this stuff, although you are meant to use it within a certain time scale once opened. When did you open it?

I am starting to get the same - coming up to nearly two years from when @big_pete applied Gtechniq Ultra. I'm always anal about how the car is washed, but just noticed on the last wash a few light swirls appearing. Look forward to your video Pete (y)

MarkM

RMS Regular
Love this stuff, although you are meant to use it within a certain time scale once opened. When did you open it?

I am starting to get the same - coming up to nearly two years from when @big_pete applied Gtechniq Ultra. I'm always anal about how the car is washed, but just noticed on the last wash a few light swirls appearing. Look forward to your video Pete (y)

No idea tbh, was opened about November :neutral:

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
The cars can be polished again with polishes designed not to damage the coating and reapply EXO :grinning:

You can't totally stop it but usually it's surface defects in the coating rather than anything further than that.

We had an X5 in a few montha back, 4 years since it was coated, went to the Romanian car washes regularly 🙄 so I'm sure you can imagine the state it was in but I couldn't believe how much it repaired. There was some stuff that was deeper but we got it back to a good 90% of where it was originally with minimal effort! Was good to see both sides of the coin of the stuff that gets well cared for and those that don't.

Flip side of the coin @Eddie_ megane in to repair some localised damaged, paintwork still absolutely perfect and none of the localised damage had got to the point of painting.

Incredible stuff 😎

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Screenshot_20200406_150350_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Used detailed onlines renew on the leather and protected with their armour, made a bigger difference bringing it back to a matt finish. Steering wheel came up like new the renew foams up and it brought up all the grim from the wheel. Products should last as I used about 1/5 of the renew on the full interior.
Screenshot_20200406_150344_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Before and after camera doesn't do it justice.
IMG_20200330_190623.jpg
IMG_20200330_190634.jpg

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
We all have our own pre-wash and wash techniques and I always liked to think I was being as ‘safe’ as possible when cleaning the car so was glad to get some feedback from @big_pete that the paint was still swirl free. It’s all well and good cleaning it in natural light but the bright lights of Petes unit can show all kinds of defects - speaking from experience with my old Clio.

I was very impressed at how the marks where polished out. I haven’t had to clean to car since I got it back but there doesn’t seem to be any trace of marks left behind.

Difficult to tell from this photo but these marks where over quite a large section on the driver side rear quarter;

7B677DCD-28F0-4860-A756-527B1613C808.jpeg

The top up of Exo has certainly brought back all the hydrophobic properties I was experiencing a year ago when it was first applied and I won’t be using anything other than C2v3 on the paint now (was always a fan of trying out new products before so I’ll have to not give into that temptation!)

B94628BA-4188-4529-A0E6-2177E8B0AE32.jpeg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Placed an order with EZ Car care on Friday 27th, still no word of it being dispatched, I know some companies are running a limited service but their own site is giving a 5 to 8 day turnaround, I'm on day 11. I'm in 2 minds to cancel the order but also want to try some more of their stuff. I'll review the products if they ever arrive.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
They sent me a tracking number showing in Manchester this past week doing nothing. Reading online delivery time frame is a ****show from them normally. Email went to my spam folder too.