Rd350 ypvs

Paddy46

RMS Member
Picked up a 350 ypvs last year and nows the time to start bringing her back to life.
Got her stripped down and powder coated the frame. The engine is away for a complete rebuild. It's had a stan Stephens stage 2 tune and paired with a lovely chrome set off allspeed pipes she's gonna sound sweet. The forks have had a rebuild and are ready to fit. Brakes have been vapour blasted,painted new seals fitted. I fitted an early Yamaha r6 rear shock. Been told it's a common mod and helps the handling. I had to strip out the bushes from the r6 shock and order new ones to fit the rear linkage. Easy enough job once I got my head around it. The bike came with a matmachex swing arm which looks dead trick on the bike. I've stripped all the switch gear and have them near ready for powder coating. The engine tie bars have also been stripped cleaned and are getting powder coated. The bushes in them where a complete **** to get out. I'll get some pics up as I go along

Attachments

civicglacier

RMS Regular
Drives
F10 / ATR / S2k
That is fantastic. Love the sound of these.
My dad has 2 of these.

Bought one to strip and redesign a new frame and move the running gear over and when he got it it was too clean to break, so he got another and designed and built it.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but thought I’d fire a few pics up.

I’ll definitely be following this.

E391CCDD-0012-4F45-BB49-EE1F97590746.jpeg
4E4C4F4A-17EB-47DA-8A01-DDEB074EE308.jpeg
CBA7352B-866D-4D00-B54B-58D11340537C.jpeg
C8AAFAAD-60A2-4DF2-B358-FE7D8060EF41.jpeg
F6BC0D19-CD77-47B4-9261-37C32794475D.jpeg

Paddy46

RMS Member
That is fantastic. Love the sound of these.
My dad has 2 of these.

Bought one to strip and redesign a new frame and move the running gear over and when he got it it was too clean to break, so he got another and designed and built it.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread but thought I’d fire a few pics up.

I’ll definitely be following this.

View attachment 270895View attachment 270896View attachment 270897View attachment 270898View attachment 270899
Did he build that frame himself. Looks interesting

civicglacier

RMS Regular
Drives
F10 / ATR / S2k
He did,
Designed it on solid works and did absolutely everything by himself. Welding/ bending the metal/ and measuring and welding in the mounts etc.
Was a project for him as he’s retired now and doesn’t know what to be at lol.

Paddy46

RMS Member
He did,
Designed it on solid works and did absolutely everything by himself. Welding/ bending the metal/ and measuring and welding in the mounts etc.
He sounds like a handy man to know. Great set off skills to have

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat
I nearly bought a restored one of these about 10 years ago for £1400 I wish I had now lol. I bought a cbr 600f instead.

Cant wait to see this built up again

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
He did,
That a nice tidy mill he has there too. Would love one of those.

Paddy46

RMS Member
Got a bit more done today. Finished all the switch gear and they are ready to powder coat. Because off this lockdown I've decided not to wait for the place to open up so I bought a powder coating gun and powder. I've a few things in the shed to practice on before i go mad with the bike.
Stripped the rear master cylinder again. I had it painted but wasn't happy with the finish so it's getting powdercoated too. Got the rear built up and grap handle fitted. Just need to polish it up while it's on. I pulled the wheels out and they are decent enough but might as well do it right and strip them down and finish them right. These will need a pros touch. Could make a complete balls of them very easy 🙄. Also have around 2 days work polishing the pipes up to a mirror finish.

Attachments

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
106 Rallyé / 172
Crackin' I've a mate building one up at the minute. He's struggling to get a throttle pull if you happen to have any?

I've just finished building a 125lc. My dad and I have a few of them. Do you think you'll have it out in summer?

Paddy46

RMS Member
Crackin' I've a mate building one up at the minute. He's struggling to get a throttle pull if you happen to have any?

I've just finished building a 125lc. My dad and I have a few of them. Do you think you'll have it out in summer?
I'll see what I have. I've a few spares kicking about. Is it a ypvs your mates doing. Love them little 125s. Yeah plan is to have her ready for summer. Could do with getting the engine back but God knows when that's going to happen