Re-drilling PCD

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
Now, this is a thing (before anyone faints) and I've already done a search and only found old (possibly no longer accurate) threads.

I'm thinking of changing PCD on a set of wheels I'm getting. By the time an adapter is fitted, I have an inch of poke I don't want, and the adapter is an inch.
So obviously getting the PCD changed is the answer.
And it's cost effective too. The 13" wheels I want are readily available in 4x100, but in my desired width and PCD they are Ā£900+ for a set and very very rare.

So does anyone know a place that can do this? @PeteMoore I saw your name mentioned previously?

Failing that I'll have to get the help of someone with CAD to make me a template and I'll do it on my own pillar drill. I'm 90% sure I can do it right but if there is an engineering place that will do it, I'd rather do that.

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
Will,

I would be looking at getting the steel hubs redrilled to suit the wheels not the wheels drilled.

What is the current PCD? I can CAD you a PDF template but you would be better getting them donā€™t or lathe or Mill in my opinion.

PeteMoore

RMS Regular
I have filled wheel centres in the past, then had a machine shop put the new holes in.

Personally, if the option is there to change the PCD on the hubs instead, that's the route I would take. Certainly the route I am taking with my own car.

Reactions: IL

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
OP
surprising_skoda
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
I would honestly rather do the wheels... the car and therefore the hubs are rare, and I don't want to modify the car, and I may want to revert to standard wheels, and or use these wheels on another car with the same pcd further down the line. For all those reasons, wheel alteration is preferable.

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Re drill hubs and get a suitable standard set of wheels to suit the re-drilled aswell bud? Or can you not acquire a spare set of standard hubs and revert back to those if and when the time comes?

IL

RMS Regular
Drives
981 GTS
I would honestly rather do the wheels... the car and therefore the hubs are rare, and I don't want to modify the car, and I may want to revert to standard wheels, and or use these wheels on another car with the same pcd further down the line. For all those reasons, wheel alteration is preferable.

PM

micko

RMS Regular
Drives
B6 A4 / E30 320i
I had been looking into this a while back RE 5x120 - 4x100 on 16" style 5s.

Some tidy work here in the US:

style 5.jpg

style 5 2.jpg

surprising_skoda

RMS Regular
OP
surprising_skoda
Drives
Skoda/BMW/Austin
That's nice work

Fred it would be hard enough sourcing another set of hubs to be quite honest. It probably could be done as a last resort.