Recommend me a jack

Bryan

RMS Regular
The time has come to buy a new jack. I've had a Sealey Rocket lift 3 tonne beast for more than 10 years however it has been back for repair twice and required constant topping up of fluid and liked to mark its territory. What's the best thing out there are the minute? Must be at least 3 tonne because I do use it for Transit and whatnot. Low entry is a plus but I'm not too worried about that if a block of wood can save a few ££

gingfto

RMS Regular
Drives
CLS500 (5.5)
I’ve actually been looking at something similar recently - for limited home use but on a massive merc; a low entry 3-tonne is the basic requirement.
So far narrowed down to SGS one, halfords advanced (trade card) or Possibly the newer sealey one you had...all come in at £120 pretty much.
Swaying to the SGS as I’ve had the normal trolley jack and axle stands for years with zero issue.
A few others here might have more industry or hands on insight.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've the Halfords advance one. Low enough to get under the MX5 and strong enough to lift the Cayenne. Seems pretty decent so far but only had it maybe a year or so.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
IMO, if you need a 3ton jack, buy one specifically for that heavy duty use, and then buy another jack for the lighter stuff.

IMO, this is the best all rounder for lighter stuff, but not overly cheap.

For heavy stuff, just buy a big heavy jack lol

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
I bought a 3 ton sealey recently, use it for my motorhome. Bought mainly on budget at £115. Quick lift, average height, seems OK but having had a sealey jack before, I know they are nothing special and will probably need seals after a few years.

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
I have a 3t sealey/ Yankee trolley jack.
Have had it about 10 years and it's been grand. Only thing that broke was the spring that returns the handle to vertical and it cost about a fiver for a new one.

It's not particularly low entry and it doesn't have rocket lift. Buts it's been reliable.

Also have a low entry 2t sealey from @lightning but I still even tend to reach for other jack first. The low entry one has smaller wheels which don't roll as well over uneven ground like my garage floor lol

Both good jacks would buy both again but would lean to the 3t.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I got this bahco one! Not cheap but you will look fabulous lifting your car with it! Lol

Mines the 2.5t version

6F49A1EA-A526-4616-9204-32421ED0CA9E.jpeg

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
When I was looking for a lightweight jack, it was between a Winntec and Bahco....the Bahco does have a great colour scheme. But the Winntec was a little smaller and lighter for same capacity.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
The time has come to buy a new jack. I've had a Sealey Rocket lift 3 tonne beast for more than 10 years however it has been back for repair twice and required constant topping up of fluid and liked to mark its territory. What's the best thing out there are the minute? Must be at least 3 tonne because I do use it for Transit and whatnot. Low entry is a plus but I'm not too worried about that if a block of wood can save a few ££
I got one recently from @c_rad fornwhat I thought was humble money. Feels great quality and has no issues with my Beemer, which given how many times it’s been up on my axle stands, speaks highly of it! :laughing:

Cro

RMS Regular
I use an Arcan xl35r after a recommendation on the ClioSport forum many years ago. Still going like a champ what must be 15 years later.
class low profile and long reach arm so I can lift on subframes etc rather than sills
4D5B8CD3-5798-4C75-AEC5-3C1CD78A0689.jpeg

Chris0

RMS Regular
Tempted to get a decent trolley jack other than the small one I have kicking around.

Halfords one any good? Or is there something which can be dragged across a stone driveway

RevT

RMS Regular
If you’re wanting a decent trolley jack then I’d be buying Weber. I’m using one at the minute that’s about 20 years old and missing bits all over the place but it still feels better to use than a brand new Sealey of similar spec.

When I get my own garage I’ll definitely be buying a new Weber when I’m kitting it out.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Tempted to get a decent trolley jack other than the small one I have kicking around.

Halfords one any good? Or is there something which can be dragged across a stone driveway

I’ve the 3ton version of this and so far so good. Not sure id want to drag it across a gravel driveway though, there’s a fair bit of weight in it.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If you’re wanting a decent trolley jack then I’d be buying Weber. I’m using one at the minute that’s about 20 years old and missing bits all over the place but it still feels better to use than a brand new Sealey of similar spec.

When I get my own garage I’ll definitely be buying a new Weber when I’m kitting it out.

My high lift Sealey is identical to the Weber of same. Although Sealey no longer offer that model, Weber still do.

Best and most useful jack I've ever owned, must have it 25 years or so. Baffles me why so few people have this type.

Sham1

RMS Regular
I can’t remember what tyre place I seen them, but they had trolley jacks with tandem polyurethane wheels. They moved across the yard, much better than a normal one.
Had a quick google and seen the one below. Not in the same league as the ones I seen, but the wheels were similar, ie floating tandem wheel design.

Amazon product ASIN B005I4YS06