Recommendations for DPF cleaning

carmodgeddon

RMS Regular
Drives
Vagcom diagnosti
Needing a dpf cleaned out rather than regen.
Any good recommendations?

Cheers

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
His ad doesn't scream out professional nor knowledgeable about vehicle systems. Probably one of these "get rich quick" guys.

Please for the love of God, if you need the dpf looked at don't use one of these mobile buffoons. If it's blocked find out why (unless you're at a serviceable mileage for it) because you could just be wasting money.

zafturbo

RMS Regular
Neil at terraclean sorted one for me a long time ago. Job was spot on
Does this treatment work then ,so many people on forums say it’s not going to work unless you do this that and the other to the car .is it bead blasting or something they talk about .

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Does this treatment work then ,so many people on forums say it’s not going to work unless you do this that and the other to the car .is it bead blasting or something they talk about .
Won’t work for coked up direct injection engine. Inlet manifold needs stripped and walnut blasted. If these companies say they can decoke using their carbon clean systems they are talking out of their holes.

Cro

RMS Regular

I mean I know the stuff people have said and I’m not overly convinced about the engine cleaning part that’s claimed. Which is why I walnut blasted my bmw inlets myself, but this is the dpf in question here.

Fact is, the dpf was goosed, car was in limp mode, he ran whatever cleaner it was through it for a good while. Then it was fixed and worked again. It’s hard to argue with that

zafturbo

RMS Regular
I mean I know the stuff people have said and I’m not overly convinced about the engine cleaning part that’s claimed. Which is why I walnut blasted my bmw inlets myself, but this is the dpf in question here.

Fact is, the dpf was goosed, car was in limp mode, he ran whatever cleaner it was through it for a good while. Then it was fixed and worked again. It’s hard to argue with that
I know Neil for 30 years and just wondered if it doesn’t work then he still wouldn’t be doing it .

RCT

RMS Regular
Coleraine/ Ballymena Radiators have invested in a proper cleaning machine. My uncle uses them a lot for it and always happy with the service. Worth a phone call to see what they can do for you.