Recommendations for someone to recolour leather seats

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
I want to to recolour the centre sections of my MX5 seats:

50235732398_bdd7692707_b.jpg

50195396552_e96a61bd22_b.jpg

I was going to get a DIY kit but reckon I'll probably ruin them! Is there anyone who I could drop the pair off to to have them properly done? I worried that doing a DIY job to black them up, I'd create a mismatch. Was thinking of doing the centres in a contrasting colour actually... maybe a deep oxblood?

Other option is to sell them (and the black OE heated ones I have stored here in the shed!) and buy a pair of nice buckets. Any steers/advice much appreciated.

Reactions: ALN

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
Drives
C220
Arek in Ballymena is who I’d use, they’re closed at the minute though
Cheers - looked up his FB page there and right enough... top work on display there. Thanks. I'll give them a shout once we're free to roam again!!

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
OP
Johnny_E
Drives
C220
Just reviving this one.... Tried Arek but they don't recolour. They replace the section and were looking £500 for the job. I only paid £250 for the pair of seats!

Any other contacts for someone who can recolour these, rather than replace sections?

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
You could try the leather clinic

Think Mum used them for recolouring here sofa.

PDK

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E92 & E46
You could try the leather clinic

Think Mum used them for recolouring here sofa.
I’d avoid, used them to do a bit of work on the E46 bolsters and the heat gun melted the stitching, I was asked if I was precious about the stitching…

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
You don't easily re-colour leather. Just doesn't happen.

It's dyed at source you will not be changing the colour after. At least not reliably or good quality. Replacement is the only option ( or paint it )