Recommended body shop Carrick area

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Friends son had a bit of a spill in his little Suzuki Swift (looks to be the 11-17 model) and from what I can see, its a headlight, bonnet, bumper, probable slam panel, likely rad, paint and labour

Has been quoted about a grand for the lot which IMO is pretty good looking at scrappy (eBay) part prices. No doubt new parts are more expensive

Obviously trying to avoid an insurance hit as he is young so is swallowing the expensive of this lesson but i said i would reach out and see what your thoughts are on the price and if anyone could recommend any decent sorts of bodywork people in Carrick are who could help?

I have suggested the he scavenge the parts and get them on, regardless of colour. Get the car structurally sound and driving and worry about paint later, not sure how that will float but its what I would do on a shoestring and would split the expense over a controllable period of time.

I understand that he was super proud of the little car so this might not be an option but just trying to throw my 2 pence in.

Thoughts?

J

Duke

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf Gt
I used Greenisland body repair to fix my wife’s car, they did a decent enough job. W J Blair we’re quoting about the same price but just out of handiness we used Greenisland. The only fault I found although being fussy, the car had been washed and there was water droplets dried in, hadn’t really been polished. Previously I had used a body shop in Ballynahinch to repair a black Golf and it was handed back immaculate

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
If you want a perfect job go to blairs and not that far outa the road

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Thanks gents, will forward the details on

A

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Auto finish on the woodburn road behind the post office across from rugby club

Another recommendation for there, used to do all our work vehicles and was excellent and not hard to pay