Recommended painter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

richystran

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Anyone recommend a good painter? My M3 was getting a head gasket and something got spilled on the wing and caused the paint to go soft and bunch up. Pics below. What sort of costs should i expect or my mechanic expect actually?
Im pretty fussy so need a real good job!

Thanks
image1 (3).JPG
image2 (1).JPG

richystran

RMS Regular
OP
richystran
Drives
A4 avant 3.0 tdi
Yeah a bit far, looking someone south east but will stretch a little further if needed! Thanks

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Had the wing been painted before ? Very very unusual for OEM paint to get damaged easily ! Can't even imagine what would ever be spilt during a HG that would cause such a thing.

Whoever paints it will need to ensure prep is perfect in case there are any residuals from what caused it.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Need a bumper painted and sadly Trevor Allen is no longer in the game.

WJ Blairs get plenty of good reports on here so I intend to try them, but who's the crowd in the donaghadee direction who are also highly recommended?

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!

WJ Blairs get plenty of good reports on here so I intend to try them, but who's the crowd in the donaghadee direction who are also highly recommended?

Trevor Allen not spraying anymore? :broken_heart: Haven't been up with him since last year. He was only round the corner from me so was really handy.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Eithe

Either KRCR or Alan Segsby?

AS does all of my stuff and a fierce amount of high end work, I have no complaints 02891888828

SEAN G

RMS Regular
Haven't spoken to him myself but that's the word on the street :worried:.

Trevor is still painting give him a call - only change is he's not doing it from the premises at the rear of the house anymore and is probably more selective in the work he's doing

gsmith

RMS Regular
Yup as @SEAN G says Trevor is still taking on bits of work. Have a few things needing done myself and happy he's back to doing bits was the only man I trusted %100 to leave my car with.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Calling with Trevor today. Will also try Alan tomorrow hopefully.

I was all set to go to Blairs too, but just spotted a car on their site that I thought the paintwork wasn't good on, so I'm in 2 minds now :worried:.

Jamesc

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi TT, A4
I use Paintworkz in Bangor for my stuff. Done quite a few bits for me. TTs bumper currently in with him now being painted

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Calling with Trevor today. Will also try Alan tomorrow hopefully.

I was all set to go to Blairs too, but just spotted a car on their site that I thought the paintwork wasn't good on, so I'm in 2 minds now :worried:.

I wouldn't go by a pic online of anyone's paint job. Plenty look great too but in real life? Different story.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I wouldn't go by a pic online of anyone's paint job. Plenty look great too but in real life? Different story.

Saw the car in question in person. Genuinely can't believe it was done by Blairs now, given how many good reports there are about them.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Saw the car in question in person. Genuinely can't believe it was done by Blairs now, given how many good reports there are about them.
what colour was the car in question?. I've used them a few times myself in the past and the work has always been flawless :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.