Red bull show run Belfast

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Quite hard with just the phone on me, but thoroughly enjoyed it. Never thought I'd get to feel the noise of one of the V8's.
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1135.JPG

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
On the RMS Blog: Red Bull Racing returned to Belfast after nearly a decade for another live public show in the city centre. Again driven by David Coulthard, this time driving the 2012 championship winning Formula 1 car, he braved the wet conditions in front of city hall for some fly-by runs and donuts... (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

davyk31

RMS Regular
Surprised the Health and Safety kings allowed this to happen with the Primark building being in the imminent state of collapse they believe it is. All that noise could have reeked uncontrolled havoc lol.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Never even seen the thread for this! Loved it. Unreal experience. Fluked some wristbands and got parking in City Hall, got to meet DC and Connor Shannahan. The bikes where class and good to see Farquar back on the bike. Other than meeting DC the best thing was the noise of that V8:heart_eyes: got lots of videos and pictures although I only had my phone with a crappy camera. Hell of a night all round. Experience of a lifetime.

Snapchat-240396309.jpg
Snapchat-1008885802.jpg
Snapchat-668021836.jpg
IMG_20181104_095838_883.jpg
IMG_20181104_095838_884.jpg
20181103_202647.jpg

IMG_20181103_204212_976.jpg
IMG_20181103_230953_367.jpg

Sorry for poor pics but thought I'd share.:grinning:

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
On the RMS Blog: Red Bull Racing returned to Belfast after nearly a decade for another live public show in the city centre. Again driven by David Coulthard, this time driving the 2012 championship winning Formula 1 car, he braved the wet conditions in front of city hall for some fly-by runs and donuts... (Read the Full Article Here)

Read the Entire Article Here

Epic! Love the pics in this article.(y)

Bryan

RMS Regular
It was an amazing experience. The sound of the F1 car was immense - you can't even describe it other than it actually hurts your ears. I can only imagine what 20+ of them would have sounded like on the start of a GP. The other things they had with the bikes and the drift car were amazing as well. The guy on the stunt bike was fantastic and Ryan & Jeremy were amazing to watch. There was some noise off that white bike (as you can tell I'm not a biker) and the 5th gear burnout outside city hall was pretty cool.

Well done to everyone involved and I hope like others have said other teams might consider doing something similar.

45464865_1885706211512913_1386271209557065728_n.jpg

Last edited:

KevM

RMS Regular
Jeremy and ryan stole the show imo

The confidence those boys have on greasy tarmac is frightening. We were at the side of city hall for their first run so only had a side on window of the main run up Chichester. It looked like they were doing close to 150mph past the end of Donegal Square East, head tucked in and full open... :eek:

salster

RMS Regular
Drives
mini
got to meet david coultard on friday night, spent about 1/2 hour talking with him , hes a really nice guy. him and one of the engineers were in the harp bar. he offered me to come to the city hall on saturday afternoon and he would show me the car but i had to decline as i was going to football. i seen the guys out on friday night welding up all the manholes on the road and again out on saturday night in the pouring rain cutting then open again.

BarryPort

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
got to meet david coultard on friday night, spent about 1/2 hour talking with him , hes a really nice guy. him and one of the engineers were in the harp bar. he offered me to come to the city hall on saturday afternoon and he would show me the car but i had to decline as i was going to football. i seen the guys out on friday night welding up all the manholes on the road and again out on saturday night in the pouring rain cutting then open again.

Excuse my ignorance but is this to stop them lifting up from the force of the cars or terrorism prevention? Reason I ask is I remember manhole covers being welding down when President Clinton visited NI in '95. Maybe its just Red Bull policy throughout the world.

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I persuaded my dad and brother to go to this.

They absolutely loved it, neither had heard an F1 car in person before.

I agree the bikes stole the show.

I can't wait for it to come back. Luckily we were right at the barriers and had a great view.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.