Red tail light film - how do I get the indicators to flash orange? 🤔

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Ive always hated the clear and chrome look of my tail lights so started to tint them with film. I knew the reverse light would be red but somehow stupidly forgot all about the indicators.

Anyone applied tail light film or paint and sorted out the indicators so they flash orange?

Ive been reading old forum posts on other sites mentioning painting indicator bulbs green or buying green tail indicator bulbs but figured I’d check here first to see if you guys have done this before? Just clear bulbs and acrylic hobby paint?

Are reverse lights checked for MOT? I can’t remember. Don’t think they are 🤔

EBC5E9DC-226A-44EC-8DBD-C824339F0ABB.jpeg
755BA366-48BB-4EF5-981D-528729B7B4DE.jpeg

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Robin at studio 10 did his 911 rear lights all red. Might be worth firing him a pm on Instagram

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Use green bulbs, or paint them with Tamiya clear green. That's the way i ran my all reds on the mk3 and 4 golfs.

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Ta folks.

I tried some acrylic paint I had in the house. Still flashed red ffs and vapour was coming off it from the heat each time it flashed lol

Quick dash down to Hobby World there for some Tamiya paint. Looks the part anyways, although I’ll never be a model painter going by streaky the finish! Just need it to dry.

@purplea4T do you remember if you had to do a few coats?

2974EBA0-2B79-430F-A1CC-D86298F18DC9.jpeg

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Ta folks.

I tried some acrylic paint I had in the house. Still flashed red ffs and vapour was coming off it from the heat each time it flashed lol

Quick dash down to Hobby World there for some Tamiya paint. Looks the part anyways, although I’ll never be a model painter going by streaky the finish! Just need it to dry.

@purplea4T do you remember if you had to do a few coats?
I'd do one more decent coat, let it dry then see how you get on. It actually covers quite well if built up in layers.

Mont

RMS Regular
OP
Mont
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Yeah. I think you’re right. Was an eBay listing for film specifically for tail lights but thinking it might be too heavy as I tried a couple of coats of green paint last night on the bulbs and still flashing red.

Anyone recommend a film that works better?