Redex Injector cleaner

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
i was thinking about getting a bottle of this stuff aswell smick, but was gonna post up here first to see if it was worth while - or more inportantly, safe

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I've used it on plenty of older cars, just dilute it into the petrol the way your meant to and there's no problem. I don't think there's any need for it on every fill up the way it says though.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
As far as i know it helps clean your injectors, probably small very deposits or build ups. Can be bought for Diesels too.

Smick

RMS Regular
OP
Smick
Drives
CLA45
mines a petrol car, only 17k odd on it so probably isn't much need for it then is there?

hutchy_belfast

RMS Regular
Quite simply... if you suspect your fuel injectors are blocked, yes
If not...no
I've used it 2 or 3 times on different cars including one which required shoving it straight up the manifold...soon cleared any blockage but doesn't noticeably increase performance IME

Smick

RMS Regular
OP
Smick
Drives
CLA45
how would you know if they are blocked, just running rough or car being sluggish?

Was just thinking it would be good practice, like better to avoid a problem than have one, if you know what I mean.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
i use the redex derv bottle

used the "every other tank full" bottle but forked out a bit more for the extreme bottle which is used every 3k miles or 6months

if it does what it says on the box im happy but i cant tell you that i see it working so im just going by what ive heard and read

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
Used the redex diesel stuff cant say i noticed much difference tbh.
A small bottle in the tank and a bottle in the fuel filter housing what i done.

Smick

RMS Regular
OP
Smick
Drives
CLA45
Was at car shop today, needed a thing of shampoo.
Just remembered about the redex when at the till, so nipped accross the shop and lifted a bottle.

Only realised when I got home I lifed the petrol treatment version rather than injector treatment ffs what a muppet.
Sure may as well try that one too

Curtiz

RMS Regular
lol, i made the same mistake ^^. i just started using redex with my last fill up, i dont know if it does anything but i am just assuming it is doing wat the bottle says lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.