Redline MTL

jinjur

RMS Regular
Drives
Clio 172
Hi squadron,

Have seen a few older threads asking but thought I would check now more recently

Do we have any stockists here and more importantly, do we have any RMS discount stockists?

My super wizard gearbox builder has recommended it for my s****y clio gearbox and when I looked up the prices online.....I was sick in my mouth a bit

J

RevT

RMS Regular
Montgomery Motorsport in Augher are the only ones I could find that stocked Redline a couple of years ago.

Reactions: Lee

Lee

RMS Regular
I got the heavyweight shockproof stuff from Montgomery Motorsport a few years ago as Trevor has said. Serious stuff

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Thanks gents. I don't even know where Augher is but will phone and see what they stock :grinning:

-Pete-

RMS Regular
dont be a typical northern ireland tight ar&e. its worth every penny. Redline and amsoil are the best out there in my opinion when it comes to gear box oil. I only used their oil over 13 years of accord type r ownership.
You can really feel the improvement in the gearbox using their oil versus cheaper stuff. I cant comment on the genuine honda gearbox oil as I never used it.
And don't listen to a word if anyone mentions using 'landrover' oil in your gearbox. its absolute nonsense.

stick to the redline or amsoil and you wont be dissapointed. You're driving a performance vehicle and proabably want it to last, especially if you're driving it hard so dont cheap out on the one thing protecting it.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
^ I put 100 quids worth of redline in a skyline gearbox and drained it 10 mile later. Couldn change gears for sh1t.

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
dont be a typical northern ireland tight ar&e. its worth every penny. Redline and amsoil are the best out there in my opinion when it comes to gear box oil. I only used their oil over 13 years of accord type r ownership.
You can really feel the improvement in the gearbox using their oil versus cheaper stuff. I cant comment on the genuine honda gearbox oil as I never used it.
And don't listen to a word if anyone mentions using 'landrover' oil in your gearbox. its absolute nonsense.

stick to the redline or amsoil and you wont be dissapointed. You're driving a performance vehicle and proabably want it to last, especially if you're driving it hard so dont cheap out on the one thing protecting it.

Ooooookaaaay.

Hardly being a tight arse getting a box rebuilt fof s clio that is worth 18p am I?

I am just trying to validate WHY redline is twice the price of something pretty bloody good such as Fuchs or Motul.

Fyi. Land rover MTF absolutely TRANSFORMED the box in my EF Civic. And its the nicest smelling thing on earth apart from smelling your own farts.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
well if you thought the landrover mtf was good, amsoil and redline are even better.

Lee

RMS Regular
I've seen the Redline Heavyweight Shockproof put into gearboxes that we'll say were a bit notchy. Maybe getting the odd crunch when given a hard time. Vastly improved after using that stuff, and got no worse for a quite a long time/throughtout ownership. So I know that is masking problems instead of fixing. But my point is that it should give a gearbox thats in good condition, a good head start to stand up to abuse.

Though as with @Eager 's experiences maybe not suitable for every application

-Pete-

RMS Regular
^ I put 100 quids worth of redline in a skyline gearbox and drained it 10 mile later. Couldn change gears for sh1t.

youre the first person I've ever heard have a bad experience with it. strange if it was definitely the right grade, but maybe it just didn't get on with it. Amsoil is also excellent if you need an alternative.

jinjur

RMS Regular
OP
jinjur
Drives
Clio 172
Ouch. 4 bottles of Jesus juice.

FYI, company called Car Service Packs (eBay store) duffed Opie by about 15 quid using a code granted, with free delivery. Took a while (Hermes) but thought it might be useful for anyone looking.

20191211_091344.jpg