RedTop Modifications?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Adam

RMS Regular
The engine in that pic is an 8v engine and not the XE. The C20XE is the redtop engine.
The 2.0 8V is the C20NE.
I think Courtney use the T28 on their conversions but not 100% sure. Its the same turbo that comes on the S14 200SX.

Adam

RMS Regular
LOL! So what does it go like then? Is that the early 136bhp one or the after 92 116bhp engine?

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
its a 92 sri astra its the 115bhp standard engine. Only ran 0.8psi of boost into it which is standard boost for the rover and nissan. It pulled real well when the clutch wasnt slipping. It could have done with a little more setting up on the fuelling side, it messes about when u gunn it in 1st or 2nd but if you feathered the throttle on it was fine. But i lost interest when my 400quid turbo **** the bed. Thinkin about chuckin a redtop in it and sellin it 4 a motorbike - bit quicker.

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
Put an xe bottom end on it with the NE pistons or ure crank will **** its self...
I have wrung sooo many of them...Running 0 Bar boost :p
What way u working the ecu with No afm???

Quikie

OP
Quikie
Drives
BMW 325iK
Just discovered an adam you will like it, there is full exhaust, STD filter, 4 branch and chip on it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Pics of it in general

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
On a red top related matter... Just got the red top deawoo thing going properly...Who hooooo!!!

sideways365

RMS Regular
Drives
X5
RMS_CLK said:
its a 92 sri astra its the 115bhp standard engine. Only ran 0.8psi of boost into it which is standard boost for the rover and nissan. It pulled real well when the clutch wasnt slipping. It could have done with a little more setting up on the fuelling side, it messes about when u gunn it in 1st or 2nd but if you feathered the throttle on it was fine. But i lost interest when my 400quid turbo **** the bed. Thinkin about chuckin a redtop in it and sellin it 4 a motorbike - bit quicker.

any pics of the car?

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Its a bit ruff and ready but then it wasnt made to look at!

vrrrrrrrrrrm-psshhhhhh ;)

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Its hard to judge really because turbo power always feels like more because of the steep power curve, but at 0.8psi It was definetly shifting as well as my redtop.
This graph below shows minimum and maximum HP increases when converting from aspirated to turbocharged. The mimimum increase for my engine equates to 55bhp extra i.e. 170bhp. I think it was more likely to be at around 150bhp.
Ill be running twice that boost when I get her going again though but I wanna get management so I can swap my air flow meter with a map sensor.

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
That astra something similar to our Dawoo nexia... Looks like a stock car...But its **** quick and road legal..
We fried a Vtec Crx in it last nite...Was fun...
Back to topic... :p

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
Fast_CAV said:
That astra something similar to our Dawoo nexia... Looks like a stock car...But its **** quick and road legal..
We fried a Vtec Crx in it last nite...Was fun...
Back to topic... :p

true but......i'd hardly say the astra looks like a stock car though :lol:

RMS_CLK

RMS Regular
Definetly sounds like an oilrat special. lol
Gud idea tho - did the redtop drop straight in? they use vxl engines dont they?

Cormac

RMS Regular
Yip, an odd 1500cc, It came in single point then MPI few years l8r, Mk2 astra shell tho, should go well with the redtop in er!

Cormac

Fast_CAV

RMS Regular
Drives
548hp sr20
Nah he didnt Build it...Carmad Put the engine in...But it needed A New head and a full rebuild...then I had to rewire the whole car and tighten every bolt cuz none of them were tight...
Really ropy driving car But quite brisk in a straight line...
A BC special... will be there on the 29th...
be there to see it in action...

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.