Refitting number plate

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

chunkerz

RMS Regular
Drives
A3
Just looking some input into this, my car currently has the numberplate screwed to both front & back.

I am now changing the plates so is it easier to just drill my new plates or would it be ok to remove old plates and using the sticky pads cover the screw holes while fitting the new plates.

Thanks

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Either dude.
If drilling use the old plates as a template so as not to put more holes in the car lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Bit of paint, grease, waxoyle, sealer etc or similar around them before screwing them in

Not often plates are screwed into bare metal these days though ?

JDM_sy

RMS Member
Drives
Anything jap
bit of a similar question here if you dont mind me asking on your thread @chunkerz (sorry!) Had the number plate removed and front bumper resprayed

Anyone know the rules / legislation around stick on number plates? similar to this:

upload_2017-2-15_22-37-35.png

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
As long as it's correct font, dimensions, reflective material etc etc and mounted on a horizontal surface there should be no issue.

Looks like that plate doesnt comply with pretty much any of them, although might barely scrape by as horizontal.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.