Reflective tape for panniers

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
Im wanting to sort some reflective tape for my panniers as the nights draw in. I typically use SOLAS tape. Does anyone have any other recommendations? And where to purchase from?

genman

G
ive a piece of the red 3M tape on the rear of my black helmet....apparently its super bright at night even compared to the bike tail light.
The black version is epic....ive seen a few cyclists using it on mudguards.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Thinking about this again and my suggestion of the 3M black tape, you might not want it on the back because it reflects white, not red.

I used the black tape on the handguards of my last bike and they really did glow like lights when shined on. I have it the front of my car on the black trim of the door mirrors cut to the same shape and you would never know it was there in the daytime, but it looks like lights at night. (sad, I know)

NotKG

Banned
the police stuff i have with a camera flash hitting it.

IMG_20140408_180628_413.jpg IMG_20140408_180606_469.jpg

NotKG

Banned
oh , the yellow is 3M marked. the red has no markings, but is identical manifactured. they came from police bodyshop.

Attachments

• IMG_20180904_190122.jpg
    IMG_20180904_190122.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 153
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.