Reflex Silver mk3 caddy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Thought I'd post a wee section for the work van up here, as far as the modifying of cars go this will be the only one that will get much attention this year.

The van was sourced/supplied by @Jas Lad at Cameron Cars, so a big thanks to him yet again. It's a 2013 1.6tdi 102+, not really done much to it as I've only had it a day.

20151204_102806.jpg

20151204_102840.jpg

20151204_102829.jpg

I got the spoiler and side rail painted and fitted into the deal if I supplied the parts. Finishes the bodywork nicely. I also fitted these today

20151204_105116.jpg

20151204_144800.jpg

Mk6 light switch and mk2 audi tt air vents. Just need to get a new wheel and change the radio unit.

Hopefully be more updates soon

Jason

RMS Regular
Lovely van this one turned out very well, like the dash vents makes a big difference!

Get the rimz & lowz done!!

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Lol they'll be grand til about February. The plate will hopefully be on withing the next 2 weeks.

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
Lovely wee van.

Front fogs with the different lower grille suits them.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Got a few minutes spare this evening so I decided to pull out the bulk head panel and remove all the ply lining to start on the touran rear seat setup. I want it as OEM as possible so the rear floor has to be cut out and the touran seat section welded in with all the brackets and rear belts etc.

20151210_171816.jpg

20151210_180511.jpg

20151210_180519.jpg

Cleaned down all the painted panelling as obviously was used in the trade by presumably a spark (electrical connectors lying about everywhere).

I've also got a touran centre console with an armrest to go in at the same time, will update with more pics when I get it all together.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 B9.5
Where did you source your centre console from? Also, are those vents a direct fit or do you have to modify them?
Cheers

Darren91

RMS Regular
Got a few minutes spare this evening so I decided to pull out the bulk head panel and remove all the ply lining to start on the touran rear seat setup. I want it as OEM as possible so the rear floor has to be cut out and the touran seat section welded in with all the brackets and rear belts etc.

View attachment 101024

View attachment 101025

View attachment 101027

Cleaned down all the painted panelling as obviously was used in the trade by presumably a spark (electrical connectors lying about everywhere).

I've also got a touran centre console with an armrest to go in at the same time, will update with more pics when I get it all together.

there goes your warranty! :p

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Lol so you think. ...... I've already been on to them about it, as far as they are concerned it still stands sure who would see behind a locked door anyway.

Just wait til the rest of the van is finished, the only thing warrantable will be the dash!

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Where did you source your centre console from? Also, are those vents a direct fit or do you have to modify them?
Cheers

It's a console from a touran, but I'm doing away with the rear air vents and making up a blank to cover it in.
As for the front vents, they are from a mk2 tt, they require a bit of modification to fit but I really think it freshens up the look, less "van" like.

Jason

RMS Regular
Lol so you think. ...... I've already been on to them about it, as far as they are concerned it still stands sure who would see behind a locked door anyway.

Just wait til the rest of the van is finished, the only thing warrantable will be the dash!

They have yet to mention anything done to mine either lol

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
BTW he was talking to me about yours this morning, you're to take it in and get it sorted out!! :p

I ordered a new handbook wallet with service books this morning too, just need to apply for a new data sticker.

Jason

RMS Regular
BTW he was talking to me about yours this morning, you're to take it in and get it sorted out!! :p

I ordered a new handbook wallet with service books this morning too, just need to apply for a new data sticker.
Never got time to take it in. Going in tomorrow afternoon

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
A4 B9.5
It's a console from a touran, but I'm doing away with the rear air vents and making up a blank to cover it in.
As for the front vents, they are from a mk2 tt, they require a bit of modification to fit but I really think it freshens up the look, less "van" like.
Did you source the console locally? Been keeping an eye out on caddy2k for one.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
Did you source the console locally? Been keeping an eye out on caddy2k for one.

I wouldn't be paying some of the prices the guys on 2k are looking for parts. As @Jas Lad has already said, there's loads of them in the scrappys.

After I finished up today's stuff I set back into more of the rear seat conversion. Today's task (well 10 mins) was removing the front section of the rear floor to allow for the fitment of the touran floor section which the seats clip into

20151212_133341.jpg

So now all I have to do it spot weld the new panel in and the rear seat brace. Then I can test fit the seats. After that it's fitting the armrest centre console and the rear seat belts.

pobmk4

RMS Regular
OP
P
Drives
Caddy 2K
This evening set about the task of the rear set fitment, so off to the breakers I went to cut out the floor sections of a touran so I can have the 3 individual removable seats.
After a couple of hours of messing about it got the bits I needed.
Separated it all down and was left with what you see in the pic below.

20151215_195518.jpg

The are only temporarily spotted into place to ensure everything measures up. The beams will be painted in reflex silver (even though everything is going to be carpeted over) before all the final trims are fitted.

A little picture of the 3 seats fitted,

20151215_201554.jpg

So now i have to meausre up the trims for around the seat frames and the sill covers. Then it'll be onto redoing the ply and carpeting.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
looking good right bit of work there, i just done the touran armrest conversion on mine, got at the scrappy for 20 quid have now done seats carpets steering wheel and door cards

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.