Refurbing wheels- gloss or satin black??

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Thanks for the pics. That might look pretty good and be easier looked after.

Reactions: ALN

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
49CD213C-7AF1-4C72-8084-88621C934E8A.jpeg

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE
The photos are ruined by Photobucket, but it was @Deezer-D ’s 130i wheels that put me onto Ferric grey. I’ve had a few sets done since.

Some pics without the Photobucket watermark

79601D1C-0A69-4868-81C4-C33C8BFBA5CA.jpeg
85AB518B-9804-4419-87D9-FCB7BA4F9BAA.jpeg
A2B7030D-61E5-4ACA-BB0D-1B6BCE91878C.jpeg

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Can someone post up a similar wheel showing difference between Satin Black and Gloss black?

Speaking with Michael, ‘Satin Black’ will be a small percentage gloss- eg 20% etc

I think my AG M359’s are satin but can look white glossy when wet/washed....
When I think “gloss black” it makes me picture the black plasticy looking wheels from Halfords

polishingalloys

RMS Trader
Drives
subaru impreza
Hi.
Matt finish are till 20% satin afe till 40%then 60%are egg shell. Then rest are gloss. Hooe that sort your question

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Been offered a brand new set of what are replica Mini wheels I assume and they are in a satin black colour. Bit more than a refurb so not sure how to go now.

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Been offered a brand new set of what are replica Mini wheels I assume and they are in a satin black colour. Bit more than a refurb so not sure how to go now.
[/QUOTE
If they cost more and arnt genuine why bother

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Refurb is well over the £200 and some hassle getting it sorted it seems as the guy is hard to tie down. Non genuine isn’t as attractive for sure although maybe a nicer wheel.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Refurb is well over the £200 and some hassle getting it sorted it seems as the guy is hard to tie down. Non genuine isn’t as attractive for sure although maybe a nicer wheel.

Have you tried David McIntyre Coleraine and Cobra Custom in Ballymena? It really isn't much hassle at all.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
David McIntyre is the man I have been trying. Been corresponding initially by email with replies a bit slow. Then went to phone and both time said he was busy and would ring back, still waiting.

Hassle just in that he needs the car or at least the wheels for 3 days but can work that if needed.

Haven’t tried Cobra Custom so might be worth a shout.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Have sent Cobra a message. They have a really nice Mini set on their Facebook done recently In graphite. Looks fantastic.