Refurbished wheel not balancing

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
This really put me over the edge this weekend upset me big time the company that did the wheel didnt reply so on my own to sort it.
Ebay are useless i rang them and told them the guy was using the wheel.
He then spoke to them and said he had to put a tyre on it to check it was ok so they sided with him again.

I have not got the mindset at the minute i have a pre operation assessment tomorrow for surgery so nerves wrecked.
He emailed me and said some money of would sort the problem i told delivery cost back to me was £15 thats all or return the wheel.
He took that £15 if the wheel is fooked i don't want it back would cost to fix it so i gave up.

God help my poor wife i was a complete mess this weekend terrible git to everyone that spoke to me.
Thanks everyone if it wasn't for you lot i would have done something stupid cheers.

Perhaps for the time being, for the good of your own mental and physical health, you should refrain from selling or dealing with anything vehicular related and seek professional help with regards to your mental health, just until you’re well enough again and in a better mindset.

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Chin up @bill . Ebay can be crap at times.
Maybe he was genuine maybe not. Who knows. Least its sorted now any only £15 down!

Hope your op goes well mate.

gizmo98

RMS Regular
Drives
Vrs Octavia
Happens us all @bill
I had two headlights on eBay,fella bought one,then sent me a message that he bought the wrong side in error but would keep it so I knocked a few ££ off the other and sent it to him,after receiving it he opened a dispute saying the first was broken 😂
Even after showing eBay the messages he
sent me they still sided with him,and I got a smashed up headlight back 😀😂

Don’t let it get to you,just try to avoid selling on eBay,not worth the hassle

111gsi

RMS Regular
When I started using eBay in 2003 it had a community feel, with buyers and sellers equal, both dependent on good reputation for success.

Over the past 10 years they've tried to be a rival to Amazon and Argos, very corporate and very biased towards buyers. I used it to my advantage recently when the iPod dock I bought was dead on arrival. But I'd think very carefully before using it to sell anything valuable.

bill

Banned
OP
bill
Yeah if you go to Mallusk auction and bid on something and win you cant return it for a refund.
Yes the wheel could be hard to balance but the only way to tell was for me to put a tyre on it in a way i wish i had.
The cheek of the guy his son was using it on the rear of the car and Ebay still sided with him.
I am going to keep an eye on this guys Ebay page and hope he sells it my mate will buy it and we will get him back.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Look after yourself dude, that's the most important thing. Sometimes cutting the loss is the best thing to do even if it's "wrong".

In the end he just wanted to get the arm in and more money off. It's plain extortion but it's how ebay works. At least you got it closed off and can move on.

It's a long time since Ebay was for individuals auctioning off the odd bit from the attic.

It's all traders now. Between fees on top of fees on top of fees, and postage and packing up, and then messing about like the above, you're better off just taking it to the dump and be done. Just not worth the hassle.

Get better, keep well, and good luck with the surgery (y)

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini
Thanks @Ben P so do i but it is the NHS i could wait months before the Op

Off topic but, Have you looked into Benenden? You don't have to state any pre-existing conditions and if the NHS give you anything over a 5 week wait they send you private instead (amongst other things inc a 24hr GP line). After mum had her heart attack, her and dad (previously had cancer) both joined Benenden and they've used their services a few times since.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Dreadful that ebay buyers can cause so much grief.

Note to self: when selling wheels on ebay specify that no guarantee is given to their state of balance.