Registering an imported vehicle previously registered in UK?

purplea4T

RMS Regular
Right, I've finally decided to pull the finger out and register my ZX so I can actually use it. However I'm coming across so much different information I'm not sure what to do. Brief outline:
Car originally registered in England as new in 1995
Looks like the last tax on its original English plate ran out in June 2002.
There is an export marker on it as it went to Jersey.
It seems it lived the rest of its days out there and came to end up here a couple of years ago, by what means I don't know but without a v5 or Jersey equivalent.
It was MOTd a couple of years ago on via its chassis number.
It still appears alive on DVLA checks on its original plate.

My conundrum is do I fill in a 55/5 "Registering a used vehicle for the first time" or just go and fill in a V62 (replacement V5) using its original DVLA identity saying I never received the V5, as it isn't technically being registered for the first time?

Any ideas, obviously I'd like to not have to deal with the issues like insuring and taxing a car that I won't be using until April at the earliest, never mind the issues @TheDaniel came across registering his.
Thanks in advance guys.
Screenshot_20190825_145105_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Don't think you'll need to go back to the beginning with the first registry. As you say its not bring registered for the first time. Honestly this is a lot different than what I had to deal with. Best contacting the DVLA to be sure.

I would ask via online chat first. Their advice isn't always accurate but its best to go to the source. They gave me wrong advice on the chat but I had proof as I had saved the chat log, which helped me when I filed the complaint. Once I done that it was sorted in a matter of days. So if the same happens to you (hopefully not), you are prepared.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I've tried the V62 route before, if there is an export marker against the reg it will likely be rejected. Thats what happened mine, but then Swansea aren't known for their consistency in my experience!

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Needs a new V5 done. I registered one from Isle of Man years ago and had to MoT on chassis then apply for new reg.

They came back to me several months later asking for VAT on it which was fairly stressful but luckily I was able to prove it had been previously registered in England.

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Been trying to bring an original UK car back from the Isle of Man since April, on the 3rd round of sending paperwork back, this time they have asked for a NOVA (Notification of Vehicle Arrival) reference. Loosing the will to live. I started off chancing my arm with a duplicate V5 application as this car didn't come with its IOM tax book.

And for info..... IOM isn't an option on the NOVA system............

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Going through this absolute pain in the hole myself at the moment.

You’ll have to complete a NOVA form to HMRC, ideally with a copy of the last V5 if you have it and a receipt for the car if you have one.

Then the V55/5 session, with all the supporting documents and ID etc.

You can also send a V890 SORN form if you don’t want to tax it; and there is no fee.

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I sent the paperwork away for the Impreza 6 weeks ago to get it registered, returned to me today as I forgot to date the form, absolutely raging with myself. The waiting time is depressing!