Registering German fireblade in UK

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

dave b

RMS Regular
Drives
Panny Turbo
Been riding German spec bike (04 CBR1000RR) in London for too long now and as not returning to Germany anytime soon looks like I need to register bike on UK plates in order to sell it.

Looks like I need to mot and insure bike on vin number then apply to dva to register and tax.

One shop is telling me headlights are okay for mot as they are flat dipped beam but another shop is saying I need UK spec dipped left for MOT. Clocks also need swapped for mph items so no biggy there.

Anyone done this sort of thing before and can advise?

If I'm honest I'd rather just trade in but am struggling to find a dealer that will take the bike.

Slimsbikers

RMS Regular
Drives
S1000xr
Did this once before.As far as I remember flat dipped are ok for mot,don't need to dip to the left.You also have to inform HMRC and get confirmation from them that theres no vat/duty owing on the bike.Just ring them with the vin number and they'll talk you through the rest.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.